Main Menu

2000AD: Project Sketchbook

Started by ming, 16 November, 2013, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Wow that is fantastic and quite the coup to get him onboard by the sound of it.
As said has a real Sons of Booth vibe to it to give it the 2000ad link and Bolt is right about the Calvin and Hobbes thing.

Timothy

That is excellent, although I am getting more of a Bloom County than a C&H vibe from the figures.

ming

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 23 September, 2020, 10:28:18 AMAlso - seeing the alpha further upthread and reading that Laurence is drawing a S/D tale for the end of year prog - I wonder if we are getting a tale set in the Starlord years?

According to Laurence, the end of year Prog SD tale came about when Rob Williams saw the Alpha sketch and it went from there...  How cool is that?

Bolt-01

[applause] that is as cool as funt, that is.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Something about that reminds me of the grubby, more European art of the original Starlord run. I sincerely hope we are in for a real treat based on that image.

SBT

ming

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 24 September, 2020, 09:50:28 AM
Something about that reminds me of the grubby, more European art of the original Starlord run. I sincerely hope we are in for a real treat based on that image.

Yeah, that would be great.  However it turns out I'm just happy to see Laurence back in the Prog!

Also, sketchbook contributions are, very occasionally, like buses...  Here's Dave Kendall doing what he does best, i.e. creeping me right out.  Grobbendonk always was a nasty little bugger but here he's terrifying; imagine *that* crawling out from under your bed in the middle of the night...  Oh shuggles!

(This is now the third Great Uncle Baal (following previous efforts by Chris Weston and Dan Lish), bringing him even with Nemeses.)

ming

More from Dan Lish.  I love Dan's work so much and it was a real treat that he was keen to get something in each of the four books...  It's great that someone finally opted for Tharg!

Bolt-01

Link Prime

Great Tharg and amusing Sláine (the well endowed fairies and leering Ukko adding some amusement).

ming

Yeah, the Earth Goddess is quite, er bountiful.

Not sure who I'll be able to get to fill the last few pages in the books - trying to track some people down but with only so many pages it'll be whoever I get the nod from first, I suspect. 

Dave Kendall's Grobbendonk is still giving me nightmares, I think.

ming

Always nice to have an excuse to revive this thread and here's a joyous piece of Intestinaut goodness from Pye Parr...

Just one page left in this book now.  Two others are full or having the last page worked on and I think the last one might be just about done too.  Once they eventually come home it'll be quite strange, after the ten year journey they've been on.

Colin YNWA

Trooper McFad

Another great page you are a lucky man- 3 amazing books of outstanding art

I hope your family can appreciate the contents.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

ming

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 20 May, 2021, 01:28:55 PM
Another great page you are a lucky man- 3 amazing books of outstanding art

I hope your family can appreciate the contents.

Four books in all; I think one is now finished and the other three just have a last page left (all sitting with artists now).  It's been a much longer slog than I envisaged at the beginning; a real labour of love but the support from artists and the affection for 2000AD from everyone involved in this has been abundantly clear.  I'll do a proper wrapping up when it's all over (probably still a fair way off since the pieces emerge when they're ready and I know artists have much better things to do than this).  I've only seen three of the books in person once, at the 40th bash, so we'll all ogle them properly once they're home...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: ming on 20 May, 2021, 02:17:53 PM
... I've only seen three of the books in person once, at the 40th bash, so we'll all ogle them properly once they're home...

Do one of those unboxing videos which seem so popular on YouTube when they land - that would be worth its weight in virtual gold!