Previous topic - Next topic

JohnW

'Look for me and see what will become of my army.'
So the girl looked.
Medb said, 'Fedelm, prophetess: how seest thou the host?'
Fedelm said in reply:
'I see it crimson, I see it red.'
                                                 —The Táin

If you were wondering why all the church bells were ringing, it's because my new book is out.
The World In A Sandbag – the third book in the Dirty Shirt series.*
The continuing adventures of a young American who, in search of Irish mythology, wandered into the wrong pub.

*which you haven't read – but that's why your life is poor and incomplete.

The World In A Sandbag.  Available in hard copy or ebook.
The hard copy comes with individually numbered pages (which – let's face it – are more useful than any fancy-pants autographed bookplate).
The link takes you to the publisher's website, but you can get the book through Amazon if your conscience isn't troubled. Click on the little red globe icon below my avatar.

"The Eat, Pray, Love for the Charley's War generation!" —whatever the hell that means.

(Naturally, if the moderators choose to take down this piece of unwarranted self-promotion, I will run away and cry.)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Barrington Boots

Just ordered Dirty Shirt. Excited for my life to no longer be poor and incomplete!

In all seriousness, you seem like a cool guy and it sounds like a cool book. Hopefully I'll enjoy it and get onto this one at some point.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

JohnW

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 12 December, 2023, 10:37:35 AMJust ordered Dirty Shirt.

I'm naming my firstborn Barrington Boots Ware.
The child's mother might object, but she won't understand the strength of the bonds forged on this forum.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Barrington Boots

I already feel like part of the Ware family.

JohnW

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 12 December, 2023, 04:18:31 PMI already feel like part of the Ware family.
Delighted!
We'll all be round your place on Christmas Day so, with hearty appetites and unresolved issues dating back to the nineteen-seventies.

Barrington Boots

Hooray! So long as you bring a tin of Quality Street (not Roses). I look forward to a big argument / sulk after lunch, just before everyone settles down to watch Star Wars.

The book is on its way btw, I'm looking forward to reading it. Will be a cool change from the pulpy rubbish I usually commute with!

Barrington Boots

JohnW

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 December, 2023, 12:29:24 PMThey sent me the wrong book!
Christmas is ruined!

If you bought direct from the publisher, I'll be meeting with him tomorrow (to help him move some furniture, as it happens) and I'll tell him to get his people to pull their socks up.
If you bought from Amazon, I'll talk to Jeff Bezos and tell him to pull his finger out.

Holes in the Nemesis book, missing speech bubbles in the new release of Fiends, and now this. Everything's gone to the dogs.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Barrington Boots

For anyone following this saga (ie. me and John) I had a lovely email from the publisher, and Christmas is back on.
Very much looking forward to reading it!