Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Gary James on 29 February, 2020, 10:18:07 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 29 February, 2020, 10:02:51 PMI think I've read somewhere that it's moments like that which inspired Dredd (and other hard-line police from Wagner) in the first place...
All that's coming up on Google is page after page of The Bling Ring, which is irrelevant, but...

About thirty (?) years ago there was a comedian who was burgled, and the feelings from that event was used in the creation of a show, so there's plenty of precedent for these things to spur on works. Pretty sure that at least a few of the revenge movies of the eighties could trace their origins back to a real crime their scriptwriters suffered as well.

More darkly, A Clockwork Orange was written after Anthony Burgess's wife was raped by deserting soldiers. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tiplodocus

They do so the best comedy comes from dark places.

So I used to think of the worst things that had happened to me when writing my set.

Sadly the audience didn't want to hear about my Dad dying and my premature ejaculation.

Though I should point out that those are separate events.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 03 March, 2020, 10:36:57 AM

So I used to think of the worst things that had happened to me when writing my set.

Sadly the audience didn't want to hear about my Dad dying and my premature ejaculation.

I suspected no connection between those two events until you tried to disconnect them. Now I'm just suspicious...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 03 March, 2020, 10:36:57 AM

(Shudders)  :P
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

I can confirm that there's no causal link. My own Dad isn't dead yet.

Cyberleader2000

My prog and meg subscription made me broke till the 16th and the figures ive been waiting to buy came instock yesterday I know they will be sold out by the time I have money and I will have to pay 3 times the amount from a scalper  :'(
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Cyberleader2000

sorry for the double post but its been a while since I last posted and I'm pissed and need to vent.

so the Price of MasterPiece transformers has been going up whilst the quility has been going down mostley shitty paint that rubs off way too easily and a few cases of poorley mixed plastick that result in week easey to break parts for the most part I have eaither avoided such bad copies or have been awere enough to not buy some of the worst ones or just plain avoide doing things that can causes breaks. like not using the instruchions and watching reviewers who have found less stressfule ways to transform the figure.
but masterpiece hound £108 then the shipping then the £42 customs fee well I was enjoying him had a fun transfomachion shame on the first transformachion from robot mode back to jeep mode his leg just schateres I'm just arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

The Legendary Shark

I've just found out that an old friend of mine, who was the first to welcome me when I moved on to the narrowboat at a local marina, has been diagnosed with inoperable stage four pancreatic cancer which has spread to other organs. They've given him three to six months.

He's such a great guy - an always laughing Scouse comedian who plays a mean guitar. The last line of the message he sent out, "...theres a good chance of me not seeing most of you again with the lockdown restrictions so thought I'd say bye now , look after yourselves , love mick xxx," really ripped into me.

Damn this fucking year. Damn it all to Hell.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Awful news, Sharky. Doubly so because of this isolation. I hope the lockdown ends soon enough for him to be surrounded by loved ones. Stay well.

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, vB.

I'm sure he'll find a secluded spot on the canal to moor up so his family can get to him without much fuss - he's a canny old bugger that way.

You stay well too, vB - and everyone, of course.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Ah crap Sharkie, that's miserable news. Never a good time for that, but right now is worse again. Sympathies to your mate and his family, and to you.

Bolt-01

Ah, sharky - that both sucks and blows. I'm so sorry for you.

Words just don't cover stuff at the moment.

Dave

The Legendary Shark

Thanks sincerely, chaps - much appreciated.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Sorry to hear of your mate's troubles, Sharkie. Honestly don't know what to say by way of consolation. To quote Middenface McNulty: "It's a scunner of a world." Hope your friend has the chance to find some glimmer of comfort in these bad times. Take care and my best to you both.

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, Paddy. There's nothing to say, really, but your support (and everyone else's) speaks precious volumes in itself.

I really do love you all xxx

Mark.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]