Main Menu

Would you buy a 12" Dredd Action Figure

Started by HiEx, 23 May, 2002, 04:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiEx

Here's a questions for Dredd toy fans: -

If a toy company were to approach Rebellion and negotiate a licence to make a highly detailed and poseable 12" Dredd action figure, let's say for example of a similar quality to the Military action figures currently made by Dragon models:

http://www.dragon-models.com/html/figurebottom.html

How many of you would buy it and how much would you be willing to pay? Serious, not sarcastic answers only please.

HiEx

paulvonscott

Personally I'd rather someone carried on making action figures on the same scale as the reaction ones.  You can get a lot more on the shelf.

Having said I maybe would consider buying a one-off.  But I'd feel more daft with that than I would a standard action figure.

Oddboy

The problem with these 2000AD figures is they don't mix properly.  What use is a Sl?ine (sorry 'Slawya') figure if he doesn't have hundreds of sea demons to hack & slay?
Dredd and Anderson against Death would get tiresome after a while - you need lots of regular perps for them to bust.
Durham 'Scarlot Cantos' Red won't work with Alpha because they're millenia apart...
You see what I'm saying?
Fine for us old nostalgic types to have some cool model on the shelf (I've got Eric Draven from The Crow) but if you're going to produce toys then you need to be able to play with them!  Pick a story to focus on & do lots of the characters.

It's like if Lego only made one medieval castle, one space ship, and one fire station.  You can't really play with them without having a very limited and repetitive plot (The space ship has a timedrive & they go back and forth between the castle & the fire station).

When I was younger me & my brother made a cool 2000AD game using about 30 Mask figures (you remember them!) & sellotaping their feet to surfboard shaped bits of card & then making them supersurf all over the house.   Bloody brilliant was that!
Better set your phaser to stun.

paulvonscott

I agree, we needed a lot more releases from reaction.  But of course the perversity is that this kids comic and its toys are being bought by thirty year olds (and don't tell me its an adult comic, because having guns and swearing in it doesn't make it mature).

Mudcrab

Probably not, but I'd certainly buy a Nemesis one.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

judgerussell

if u are talking about an action man style then would have to be able to move in many jointed ways. the clothes for it should not be tacky cloth or rubish platic, IT WOULD HAVE TO LOOK REALISTIC! accesseries are a must. the more the merrier. as for a price i would think a MAXIMUM of ?35.00. this would alow it to be affordable and mean that people are not put off by astronomical prices such a 50 quid or something. i hope this is plausable and good luck with it, p.s. please make it available soon

Mangamax

If you're talking about a 12" clothed then you're talking DOLLS which i wouldn't want. If however they're like the larger scale action figures that McFarlene do then i'd be interested.
Rebellion's not the way to go though - as Captain Skank said, Rebellion want to drop the action figures and "go up market".
Rumour has it that Image may be doing a Dredd mini series stateside with a potential McFarlene tie-in action figure range...
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

moly

why cant they just do the customer for action man youd be able to have the judges and johnny alpha at least and probaly for a ?10.

whatever ill buy it anyway

Jenny-Mek

Just a minute. You couldn't make something like that, because the helmet couldn't be removable, and then it wouldn't be cuddly. I'd buy it anyway, though.
I WANT, I WANT, I WANT ABC Warriors action figures, and I'd do ANYTHING to get them. Why Slaine and not the ABC Warriors? Grrr...
Jenny-Mek  :-)

O Lucky Stevie!

just a quick "glad to have you back!" to jenny-mek.

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

critter

If it were like the old Mego figures from the late 70's, but with better costumes...then yes I'd buy it. But I wouldn't pay more than $20

Critter

ArtOfGregory

Hell yes, I want a Dredd I want Mean freakin Angel, & I want a Judge Death figure!! That would be kick ass. I would pay around $15.00 U.S. a piece!!! If they looked bad ass!