Main Menu

PJ Holden's A4

Started by pauljholden, 11 June, 2023, 11:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

What's that? A new Issue of A4? A WYRD WESTERN ONE????

Yes! and it's here:

https://www.pauljholden.com/comic/a4-issue-three/?sid=2428

JohnW

Nice work as always, PJ.
But is it my imagination, or are these somewhat grimmer than usual? 'Contract Killer' and 'Six Shooter' really aren't very cheerful at all. Just a suggestion – but how about some fluffy bunnies instead of dead bison?
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

pauljholden

It's a fair point, and I promise if more come I'll try and get something cheerier in there!

pauljholden

Blimey, a fourth issue (bringing the total number of scifi/genre shorts to 35 so far...)

https://www.pauljholden.com/comic/a4-issue-four/?sid=2428

Tried to keep it lighter... not sure if I succeeded.

Very grateful for any and all feedback!

Dash Decent

Oh man, Six Shooter.  Are four and five for the same reason, hence six?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

pauljholden

Quote from: Dash Decent on 31 October, 2023, 09:17:15 AMOh man, Six Shooter.  Are four and five for the same reason, hence six?

Oh I just cocked up I think. Six was himself. (And five seems to have been for two people so that doesn't work!)

Good catch!

Dash Decent

Six Shooter is brilliant.  Short and sharp, and even the possibly ambiguity of it allows the reader to fill in some of the details.

I got that six was himself.  I took it that his wife and best friend were having an affair, hence four and five was him killing them both, followed quickly by six, him blowing his own brains out afterwards.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

pauljholden

Quote from: Dash Decent on 02 November, 2023, 12:24:52 PMSix Shooter is brilliant.  Short and sharp, and even the possibly ambiguity of it allows the reader to fill in some of the details.

I got that six was himself.  I took it that his wife and best friend were having an affair, hence four and five was him killing them both, followed quickly by six, him blowing his own brains out afterwards.

Thank you!

Pretty much. Sometimes I'll be fairly explicit and then see what I can remove to see how it works with that I had a last line but it seemed clear enough if I just left the word six there.