Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

2000AD Prog 259: "Guess that's our first case, Sam. Huh? Huh?" Robo-Hunter returns!

I make a wild and pretty much unfounded allegation that the entire comic is written by two people (with the help of pseudonyms)

TordelBack

Love your Alan Ridgeway theory. Would any of the wise heads here know the truth?

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 April, 2020, 02:12:10 PM
Love your Alan Ridgeway theory. Would any of the wise heads here know the truth?

I did a little research and apparently it was discussed on this very forum (didn't manage to find the thread).  (Assuming it isn't actually somebody called Alan Ridgeway) some thought it could be Tom Tully, but that's covered in the blog post.  If anybody knows then Ian Anorak Hollingsworth will - I'll ask him next time he posts on FB.

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: sheridan on 16 April, 2020, 03:36:16 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 16 April, 2020, 02:12:10 PM

I did a little research and apparently it was discussed on this very forum (didn't manage to find the thread).  (Assuming it isn't actually somebody called Alan Ridgeway) some thought it could be Tom Tully, but that's covered in the blog post.  If anybody knows then Ian Anorak Hollingsworth will - I'll ask him next time he posts on FB.

Steve Macmanus' book 'The Mighty One' speaks about Tom Tully being a Reading native and how he included details about the town in Mean Arena, and when asked on the Face Book he said he couldn't remember who Alan Ridgeway was but thought it was probably a Tom Tully pseudonym. I strongly suspect that Tully had got into trouble over the astonishingly gruesome murder of Doctor Jessup (really, the hero tricking an innocent opposing team into hunting someone down and then burning him to death is probably the most classically evil act in early 2000 AD history!) and was being kept under close editorial supervision.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

sheridan

Does look like Tom Tully is the likely suspect.

One thing's for sure - it wasn't John Wagner - he read my blog and denied all involvement

Quote from: John Wagner"That's very amusing. I can attest the final story was not written by us."

2000AD Prog 260: Zarjaz 5th birthday issue "Happy birthday, Earthlets!" TOTAL WAR

Five years, one month and three weeks after 2000AD launched and time for the 5th birthday!  Er...

sheridan

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 17 April, 2020, 12:31:06 PM
...John Wagner - he read my blog...

There's something you can dine out on forever.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 April, 2020, 10:26:26 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 17 April, 2020, 12:31:06 PM
...John Wagner - he read my blog...

There's something you can dine out on forever.

I certainly plan to! :D

2000AD Sci-Fi Special 1982

Ace meets a bamfeezler (not a bampot, but they're surely related?)

Greg M.

Quote from: sheridan on 19 April, 2020, 12:42:44 PM
Ace meets a bamfeezler (not a bampot, but they're surely related?)

Yep - it gets mentioned in the very first panel of 'Too Many Bams'.

sheridan

Ta - thought it was too much of a coincidence.

2000AD Prog 262: Dredd DEAD?

Is Dredd dead?  What do you think?

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 264: "Die, knave!" Robo-Hunter vs. Robo-Knight!

Revelations (though no surprises) as we find out who's behind the disappearances at Blackheart Manor, and what's happening with the Bloo Maru.

sheridan

A musical interlude, following on from the article in yesterday's prog.

Spizzenergi 2: Mega-City Three

In fact, a double bill

2000AD Music Index

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 23 April, 2020, 01:20:29 PM
A musical interlude, following on from the article in yesterday's prog.

Spizzenergi 2: Mega-City Three

In fact, a double bill

2000AD Music Index

(any additions welcome, if I've missed any, which I almost certainly have)

sheridan

2000AD Prog 265: Free Bubblicious juicy soft bubble gum Great new cola flavour!
Earthlets can have some bubblegum (offer not available to overseas readers).  Hoagy has some pies for Sam.  The Thing is hungry.  Truckers wouldn't eat Heeble again if their lives depended on it.