Main Menu

*** Prog 2000 ***

Started by Dash Decent, 08 September, 2016, 03:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

Where is the bloody post women argh predictive text

Colin YNWA

Now of course the big question is will we get a proper review thread or will we be using this one?

Still waiting for mine to drop but the unpredictability of the Sheffield post means I have no idea when it'll land...

jannerboyuk

Just looking at the cliff robinson cover - im getting that one no matter what! Proper anniversary cover :)

shaolin_monkey

My prog turned up today, hand delivered to me by my daughter while I was still snoozing, bless her!  A blast of Thrill Power handed to you first thing is better than being delivered a morning cuppa by my youngsters, particularly as it's Prog 2000!!

Be interested to know how you chose which covers to use. Interesting selection.

I hit Barney first of all, just to remind myself of the awesome covers. I wanted my favourite artists visible on the top, and wanted the covers to reflect the period of time where 2000AD had the most impact on my impressionable young mind. Dillon, Ezquerra, Higgins, Fabry, Ewins, and Bollabd made the top spot, closely followed by Ron Smith, Kev O'Neill, Ortiz, and Gibson and McMahon. 

Then I had to consider my fave characters. Dredd came top, naturally, followed by Alpha, Abderson, Torquemada, Kano, Rogue etc etc.

Once I'd dug out the covers my partner took them into work to copy (she's hands down the most amazing woman I've ever met), and then I relied on her design skills to help put them all together in a pleasing effect on the table.

I also dug out a load of my fave stories in the B&W edition, and used those pages for underneath.

My partner suggested I also get a spare Prog 2000 to use the cover as a centrepiece, but at the moment I'm happy with the way the table looks.

moly

Postie just turned up, cliff Robinson cover, had a quick look but gonna save it for a Sunday morning read in peace

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

sheridan

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 24 September, 2016, 11:18:39 AM
I hit Barney first of all, just to remind myself of the awesome covers. I wanted my favourite artists visible on the top, and wanted the covers to reflect the period of time where 2000AD had the most impact on my impressionable young mind. Dillon, Ezquerra, Higgins, Fabry, Ewins, and Bollabd made the top spot, closely followed by Ron Smith, Kev O'Neill, Ortiz, and Gibson and McMahon. 
Nice to see some love for José Ortiz.  His best work was outside the pages of 2000AD (Thirteenth Floor, and Max is one of the best British comic creations of the eighties) but I really liked Helltrekkers, even if F M Candor didn't rate it highly (whatever happened to them?)  Rogue Trooper didn't quite click with me, though I suppose Ortiz did differentiate those travels as being on a different world to Nu-Earth.

Proudhuff

acht...scunnered! Working today and Huff mansions a building site so Grud knows what state my prog will be, still will have a new roof in a months time...

which is nice
DDT did a job on me

Magnetica

Got the Cliff Robinson cover. Well happy with that.

Haven't got my Fabry cover from FP yet - hopefully that will come on Monday

Only read Dredd so far. Nice page from Bolland. Good episode of Dredd even though [spoiler]it reads more like an episode of Strontium Dog. And despite Johnny's appearance I still don't really consider the Dredd and Stront world's to be one and the same - I just can't see the Mega Cities becoming what we see in Stront -its just doesn't make sense. So for me more of a fun throw away episode.[/spoiler]

JUDGE BURNS

PROG 2000  HAS LANDED, on my doorstep as least anyway. very unusual for a Saturday delivery, Haven't read it yet but settling down for a good read now.   How many variant covers are there?

dweezil2

Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 24 September, 2016, 01:09:11 PM
PROG 2000  HAS LANDED, on my doorstep as least anyway. very unusual for a Saturday delivery, Haven't read it yet but settling down for a good read now.   How many variant covers are there?

3 variant covers, with the Fabry one only available at comic shops.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

JUDGE BURNS

3covers in total ....okay so I buy one from thargs shop and look for the other at forbidden planet or toher comics shop !  cheers for the info,..

IndigoPrime

Just read mine. Bloody great issue. No grumbles at all, and loads of lovely touches throughout. Top stuff, creator droids.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 September, 2016, 11:12:49 AM
Now of course the big question is will we get a proper review thread or will we be using this one?

Let's use this one.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.