Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

Know what you mean - i've got the Dredd one and, while i'll have a go at the stars 'n stripes belt buckle, i'm chickening out of the lightning flashes on the visor  :o
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Pete Wells

First of the subbers prints have been released, Flinty goodness!

Bat King

OK Comics are certainly getting a stock.

And Subs numbers are now over 900 from what I can make out...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

IndigoPrime

So for those who subscribed to this, is the response manual rather than automated? (I subscribed this evening, because what the hell, but several hours later, I have no kind of confirmation, which is a bit odd for this kind of thing.)

Ghost MacRoth

I got email confirmation.  Don't recall if it was instant....but it was the same day.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

JOE SOAP

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 19 January, 2015, 08:45:05 PM
I got email confirmation.  Don't recall if it was instant....but it was the same day.
Arrived this morning. #989. Amusingly boilerplate text, given that it says I'll get my first issue before tomorrow! :D

Ghost MacRoth

You'll not be disappointed, it's wonderfully put together.  As I've said elsewhere, I'm not usually one to bother with re-prints, but I'm happily making an exception for this set.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

IndigoPrime

I'm going to give it a go. Not sure for how long, but a few deliveries at least. (The series coincides with a mag I regularly contributed to abruptly shutting down, so I'm getting a touch paranoid about income right now.)

But the books do look like they'll be very nice, and so I wanted to at least give them a try. (I also have a ton of stuff to offload, so that could maybe subsidise this series in the long run!)

Albion

There were five copies of this in my local newsagent this morning so I bought three of them and gave two to a couple of workmates who like comics.

I wasn't planning on subscribing to this as I have the stories already of course and I still subscribe to the Marvel partwork and I'm sure I can't afford both. But.............now I have it my hands its soooo good! I knew the quality would be good as the Marvel books have been great too.

I get the Marvel books as until now I had very little Marvel in my collection and they have been great. They have moved on to a lot of older Marvel stories now, that I'm not quite so keen on.
Oh what to do?!
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Buttonman

It's a ponderer - whether to buy them all up to share and potentially deny a casual browser the chance to buy or potentially leave them on the shelf. Think Albion's balance is about right - out to check Tescos.

amines2058

Is there any chance that people can report where they are seeing this being sold for the benefit of others on here? Obviously local newsagent may not be so useful, but if for example Tesco or Asda were selling, then at least it will be easier for the masses to locate. I am going to be out hunting for this tonight after work.
Thank you!  :)

Skullmo

I went and had a look in Smiths - no sign of it :(
It's a joke. I was joking.

Buttonman

I had a tour of Paisley - none in Tesco, Morrisons or WH Smiths. Hopefully just delayed by the weather. They did however have piles of partworks including the Falcon, a 3D globe, 3D printer, gem stones and , rather creepily - dead bugs - Crane-flies this week!

Mangamax

Not in our Smiths, but was in the front window of our teeny, tiny newsagents  :-*
The perspective on that chairs all wrong