Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oshii

On a different note, my copy of Mechanismo says its no 24 on the spine.  That's confused me a bit.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: oshii on 05 February, 2015, 10:13:23 AM
On a different note, my copy of Mechanismo says its no 24 on the spine.  That's confused me a bit.

Listen to the latest 2000AD Thrillcast and all is explained...

Satanist

Hachete publish collections out of order so you don't just buy the first 5. It's to piss off the obsessives.

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Albion

Another odd thing they do with the Marvel ones is send me a letter to tell me they are being delivered soon. Seems very unnecessary to me. (This may be because I have them delivered to my work, the letter goes to my home). Are they doing this for the Dredd books?

I opened the most recent one to find a letter saying that payment hadn't been made for three months and they would stop sending them if they arent contacted. I was shocked at this but then noticed the letter was for someone else in West Sussex and my delivery confirmation letter was behind it!
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

TordelBack

Quote from: Satanist on 05 February, 2015, 11:36:05 AM

Hachete publish collections out of order so you don't just buy the first 5. It's to piss off the obsessives.

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!

Funnily enough it works the opposite way on me - if they were in order I'd be tempted to get the odd one I wasn't mad about just to keep the numbers consecutive and watch the spine pic grow. As they are basically random numbers, I'm free to cherry pick and undermine the profitability of the venture.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 February, 2015, 01:50:43 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 05 February, 2015, 11:36:05 AM

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!

Funnily enough it works the opposite way on me - if they were in order I'd be tempted to get the odd one I wasn't mad about just to keep the numbers consecutive and watch the spine pic grow. As they are basically random numbers, I'm free to cherry pick and undermine the profitability of the venture.

Yep. They're going to be random, ill-matching spines whatever I do so no reason not to cherry-pick.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Although that depends on whether you'll be able to easily access them. Around here, most partworks vanish from newsagents after the first five-to-ten or so.

Fungus

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 February, 2015, 02:10:07 PM
Although that depends on whether you'll be able to easily access them. Around here, most partworks vanish from newsagents after the first five-to-ten or so.

Around these parts, no Mega-Collection visible after part 1 (and huge piles of part 1 - WH Smith have moved that display to a less bonkers spot, learned their lesson perhaps).

Which is fine, I'll get the Walter The Wobot volume online...

COMMANDO FORCES

Just confirmed another subscription and the number has jumped a lot higher than I expected, because it couldn't just be added to my subscription ::)

Spikes

And the 2nd (or 24th) book now bought. Only another 78 to go - gulp.....

Again, a quick flick through reveals a nice looking book. Though the extra's are quite slight. Consisting of a 'cover's gallery' and a one page interview with Colin.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 February, 2015, 02:10:07 PM

Ah. Yeah, true. But I simply can't afford to subscribe. Suppose I'll be cherry-picking from E*ay in a few years time.
@jamesfeistdraws

Taryn Tailz

It makes sense to release them in a more random order. If they were released in numerical order then, by the looks of the spines, we would have had about five Dark Judges books in a row.

BPP

i could be wrong but I think I read you could buy back issues from Hachette themselves.

I also saw that FP online offered issue 1 so likely they will have subsequent if you act quick enough at the time.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: BPP on 05 February, 2015, 04:57:02 PM
i could be wrong but I think I read you could buy back issues from Hachette themselves.

I also saw that FP online offered issue 1 so likely they will have subsequent if you act quick enough at the time.

If you check out the back issues available from Hachette for their Marvel series you'll see that many issues are not available.

They are for a certain amount of time and then it's eBay/second hand market for you!

Be warned!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 05 February, 2015, 05:18:59 PM
Quote from: BPP on 05 February, 2015, 04:57:02 PM

If you check out the back issues available from Hachette for their Marvel series you'll see that many issues are not available.

Yeah, looking into it a bit it seems simplicity itself to just buy the relevant back issues from the Hachette website - the only trick being to get the ones you want before they're out of stock!
@jamesfeistdraws