Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Volumes 6 & 7 have now been sent to me today.
Hopefully I'll get them within the week and they should contain the bookends.

moldovangerbil

Definitely getting the bookends with 6 & 7?  I've been told they're going out with 8 & 9 and they don't show up on my account on hachette's site.

Tjm86

Same here, registering as posted.  Usually takes best part of week but with luck will be able to enjoy over the weekend before getting back into the long slog.  The bookends are not listed as dispatched for me either.  Not that I'm overly worried on that score.

IndigoPrime

Curiously, my account has two "judge dredd the mega collectio" listed for April 8—a mere 2.5 weeks after the last dispatch date (vs. five after the one before that). Woo and, indeed, hoo!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 08 April, 2015, 10:11:38 AM
Definitely getting the bookends with 6 & 7?  I've been told they're going out with 8 & 9 and they don't show up on my account on hachette's site.

Just assumed.

I'm probably wrong.

I am most days.

Anzati

As I understand it the bookends were down as 4th delivery not including issue 1, so if you got the coasters with your last delivey, then there will be no free gifts with this one as the coasters count as 2nd delivery for free gift purposes.

Unusually my account updated today showing that only one issue has been dispatched (which I expect to be issue 7), instead of the usual two issues per month. I wonder if this is to bring me back inline with other subscribers who received issues 4 and 5 for their last delivery...

Jamie1000013

What's Mandroid like? I think my favourite so far has been Origins. Story was great and I love how it all linked together, past and present. It also gave me a lot of background info since I am generally a new reader since prog 1900. Looking forward to stories about Dredd's clone brother, cursed earth stories (Angel gang mostly), and just some wacky stories.

robert_ellis

Mandroid was my favourite so far - grim & compelling. Origins may be far more satisfying for a long term reader but I wasn't always aware of the dots from the past being joined. Carlos art is solid on Origins but maybe not as inventive as Necropolis or textured as the Apocalypse war. I went into Mandroid expecting nothing but a rip-off terminator story and was blown away.

Jamie1000013

Any subs got Mandriod and Heavy mob yet? Still haven't got mine and really looking forward to getting them. What is Heavy Mob like for those who have it?

Grey M@a

Subbed about 2 - 3 weeks ago but still waiting on issue 6, bought issue 1 - 5 from WHSmiths. Nothing showing on account but states wait 28 days for delivery.

Looking forward to issue 6 when it lands

Kudos

Quote from: Jamie1000013 on 14 April, 2015, 10:09:31 PM

Any subs got Mandriod and Heavy mob yet? Still haven't got mine and really looking forward to getting them. What is Heavy Mob like for those who have it?

I wasn't impressed... http://www.sidekickcast.com/judge-dredd-mega-collection-7-the-heavy-mob/

Skullmo

Quote from: Kudos on 14 April, 2015, 11:26:36 PM
Quote from: Jamie1000013 on 14 April, 2015, 10:09:31 PM

I wasn't impressed... http://www.sidekickcast.com/judge-dredd-mega-collection-7-the-heavy-mob/

I like that review!
It's a joke. I was joking.

IndigoPrime

Maybe we overestimate the amount of quality material that really exists for books of this size, but it is a pity mediocre content isn't being used as filler but as the basis for much of a volume. I hope one iffy volume doesn't impact on subs or people buying issue-to-issue.

Fungus

SIP

The heavy mob  book is the first book of the run that I'm not going to buy.  I share the sentiments that is an odd choice of stories to showcase, especially at this point in the run.