Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

Quote from: Apestrife on 24 June, 2015, 06:11:12 PM
Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 24 June, 2015, 07:52:44 AM
Democracy Now has some interesting choices in it. Great that the very recent Mega City Confidential is included, but it would have been nice to see A Question of Judgement in there. Not strictly about democracy, but for me it's the start of Dredd's concerns about the system. And if I were being hyper critical there are some issues with text placement on the centre spreads being obscured by the fold. All in all though, another good book.

Can't wait to read Mega City Confidential again!

What more stories are in it?

Also, are the colour pages in Revolution in colour this time around?
There's Letter from a Democrat, Revolution (with colour spreads but with text issues), The Devil You Know, Twilight's Last Gleaming, Politics, Raider, Sabs, Direct Action and John Cassavetes is Dead (which is strangely placed at the end). And the cover image is a good one too.

Apestrife

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 24 June, 2015, 06:23:29 PM
There's Letter from a Democrat, Revolution (with colour spreads but with text issues), The Devil You Know, Twilight's Last Gleaming, Politics, Raider, Sabs, Direct Action and John Cassavetes is Dead (which is strangely placed at the end). And the cover image is a good one too.

Thanks a bunch!

Also Mega City Confidential?

The placement of John Cassavetes is Dead sounds a bit like Father Earth in the middle of Heavy mob.

Timothy

Yes, also Mega City Confidential. Right at the end.

Apestrife

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 24 June, 2015, 06:56:37 PM
Yes, also Mega City Confidential. Right at the end.

Splendid, just splendid.

Sounds like a bang on book to read together with America (inclusion of Judgement call was brilliant) and Total war.

abelardsnazz

With the announcement on the Facebook page that there isn't going to be an Index volume, I'm toying with the idea of getting a bit OCD and compiling an index for this thing. Would that be of use/interest to anyone?

Tombo

Way ahead of you.  In fact I've done two, one simply lists the volumes and when I bought them the other is the more detailed one attached.

robert_ellis

Anzati

Well that's a surpise; my Hachette account is now saying that another two books were dispatched on the 20th, just 17 days after the last batch was despatched. Guess they're trying to catch up after earlier delays...

Tjm86

Quote from: Apestrife on 24 June, 2015, 06:51:48 PM

The placement of John Cassavetes is Dead sounds a bit like Father Earth in the middle of Heavy mob.

Father Earth was the first outing of the Holocaust Squad (IIRC), hence it's inclusion.  Probably the fact that it was from the early days compared to the more Meg heavy later stories is why it appears so peculiar (<rant>plus the lousy reproduction </rant>).

Apestrife

Quote from: Tjm86 on 25 June, 2015, 06:47:01 PM
Quote from: Apestrife on 24 June, 2015, 06:51:48 PM

Father Earth was the first outing of the Holocaust Squad (IIRC), hence it's inclusion.  Probably the fact that it was from the early days compared to the more Meg heavy later stories is why it appears so peculiar (<rant>plus the lousy reproduction </rant>).

Make no mistake, I dig Father earth. But I still find it a bit strange that it's in the middle of the book. Placed just before a post-DOC Dredd story.

IMO it would'v worked better if it was the first story of the book, or in the end of the book as a bonus story-ish inclusion. Would'v given it a bit more focus.

Btw. Really hope Dave the orangutang finds his way into some collection at some point. Shame he didn't show up in Democracy now  :)

robert_ellis

I'm hoping for a crazy animals book. Surely judge T. rex needs a reprint

Apestrife

Quote from: robert_ellis on 25 June, 2015, 07:36:32 PM

That is an awesome idea for a mega collection book! Should also The Guinea Pig That Changed The Law and The black plague  :D!

sheridan

Quote from: Apestrife on 25 June, 2015, 08:01:29 PM
Quote from: robert_ellis on 25 June, 2015, 07:36:32 PM

That is an awesome idea for a mega collection book! Should also The Guinea Pig That Changed The Law and The black plague  :D !
One of my favourite Dredd panels (featuring an un-named character).

We also need to visit Charles Darwin Block, and have Bob & Carol & Ted & Ringo rampaging through MC1.

moldovangerbil