Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sideshow Bob

Great stuff Dale !!......

Here is a piece that hasn't seen the 'light of Day' for 20 years.....
It belongs to my brother Alastair, and has been part of his collection since he started collecting and was one of the first pieces he ever bought, and what a cracker it is........It's NEVER going to be for Sale and is his favourite out of all the many pieces he has.......

It's the wrap around cover for the 2000AD Judge Dredd Mega Special from 1992 by Titan Books.......
It was painted ( in acrylics ) by the amazing Sean Phillips in 1991 .

Hope you like it !!!!

Cheers.....
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

Gotta get me a Sean Phillips one day! Cracking stuff Bob...

ming

Quote from: Fatboydale on 28 July, 2013, 03:06:29 PM
Grail ...

Well worth the wait, Dale (for you and for us).  Legendary, landmark pages.

Fatboydale

Nice Sean Philips cover ...

Found these 2 pages of Nemesis by Mr Talbot... which i might split ... ;)

hippynumber1

Quote from: Fatboydale on 29 July, 2013, 09:48:47 AM

Found these 2 pages of Nemesis by Mr Talbot... which i might split ... ;)

Nnnnoooooooooo...

Greg M.

Oh, dear lord. I think there needs to be a separate entry in the dictionary for Dale's use of the word "found". Fantastic pages - I've always liked the way that whilst a giant dinosaur breathes fire at men with lava cannons, and two extra-terrestrial demons discuss destroying Earth, Torquemada's biggest concern is the threat to family values.

Dunk!

Dale, your collection is quietly eclipsing Rufus' for the one I most envy.

Stonking green-eye inducing pieces there.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Fatboydale

Quote from: Dunk! on 29 July, 2013, 11:09:41 AM
Dale, your collection is quietly eclipsing Rufus' for the one I most envy.

Stonking green-eye inducing pieces there.

Dunk!

Thanks Dunk ... Here is my last piece this month ( i fucking hope so , my cash is nearly gone and the delorean flux is broken lol ).

Greg M.

That last one is the best one - very early (1979!) Brett Ewins / Brendan McCarthy genius. I love the bit where Doc Panic's antennae stand up. Ewins's design sense is absolutely peerless - you could imagine Doc Panic as a Bad Company member.

Skullmo

Anyone looking for a Bisley commission? He is only doing headshots, and they are $200 but if you have such a desire let me know and I'll pass on the details.
It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

Spikes

Sideshow Bob

Ok guys, now here's another 'cracker' that belongs to my brother Alastair......
This one's also about 15 years old ( I think )........I asked him for details on it, but he couldn't be 'arsed' to go look it up to find out........It's NEVER going to be for Sale so he said "what's the point"....
I'm only including it here so you can all have a look and see what you think....
As far as I'm aware there is not a great deal of his painted ( acrylic ) artwork around and this one is by the wonderful.....Jason Brashill....
A massive interior page....about 15" wide x 21" high.......and framed exactly as it was portrayed in the programme......
Enjoy.....

Please excuse the 'camera flash / effect in the bottom left hand corner....Looks like 'smoke' but just reflection....
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Sideshow Bob

Hope you guys all enjoyed the Jason Brashill page....
Here is another of my brother Alastairs' pieces......This one is also NOT for sale, as it's another of his favourites.......
This was bought along with most of the others from the Neal Street Comic shop in Covent Garden in London.....Sadly no longer there.....
This is a very 'early' Carlos Ezquerra sketch....( about 15 - 20 years old I think ).......
It's an Apocalypse War Cover 'planning' sketch by Carlos......Unfortunately it didn't make the selection, but still a great piece of early Carlos.....
Enjoy....

Cheers