Main Menu

MEG 256 - Lethal Weapon!

Started by paulvonscott, 05 March, 2007, 02:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

A quality Meg all round this month, although thats a bit more luck than judgement where the small press and features are concerned.

As for stubbly Dredd, i like it. Gives the impression that he's at the end of a 36+ hour shift on the streets - nice!

numanti

Yeah - the stubble thing bothered me as it always has done - surely he hasn't got the time to shave twice a day as claimed in the Dredd novels?  Dredd's whole hatred of facial hair was established as something along the lines of, 'We're not in a beauty contest, Lopez' so I don't think he'd object too much to being stubbly at the end of a hard shift - being stubbly at the start of a shift is another matter - same as turning up for inspection with a dirty and torn uniform is not the same as having a dirty and torn uniform at the end of a shift.

I'll get me coat...

Trout

Big improvement in the Meg this month, but I've forgotten why while the board was down.

If I have time, I'll take another look and pass on long-winded compliments!

- Trout

ThryllSeekyr

I've been reading this in bits n pieces since I got it last week.

So far,  I have read

JUDGE DREDD, 'The Hotshot'

All I can say is this was so well timed right after we had been discussing the celibracy of Joe a week before. Not that there is any romance, it's just ten pages of the winning formula with additional innuendo added in to spice it up.

TALES FROM THE BLACK MUSEUM 'Apre Moy La Deluge'

Good stuff. Might have been funnier if it had been Noah who had nearly escaped and not one of the pair of tigers from his ark.

MIKE MCMAHON 'The Changing Man'

One of my favorite Slaine artists. I haven't read the whole article. I've just skipped to the bit about how he enjoyed drawing for Slaine and his interest in that subject dating back to his childhood excursions to a Roman battle exhibit in Saint Albans.
I would liked to have seen a photo of this fellow as he's the only favored artist I have't seen a picture of yet. It would be interesting to see how much of themselves have gone into their own work.
 Archetypically  tough and weatherbeaten. His particlar version of Slaine reminds me of a Charles Bronson charcter from a film where he was some Indian fellow single handedly huntng down and killing the cowboy posse who raped and murdered his wife.
Thinking of the name Mike McMahon would bring to mind the brand name for a local softdrink made and bottled in my home town. McMahon's.

JUDGE DREDD 'The Alien Zoo' I like the od school rtwork here. Simple story, why don't they paint Joe Dredd this way anymore.

CRYSTAL TIPS 'Hope for the future' I like the artwork on the third page. Incidently the history and myth surrounding the Crystal Skull immediatey brought to my mind images of this very real artifact shown in the telivison documentry series 'In Search Of' hosted by Leonard Nimoy.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE5KThmyW9I" target="_blank">I miss this show.

ThryllSeekyr

Almost forgot, something that I have never noticed before.

From the first Dredd story, again.

Armstrong has matching shoulder pads on his uniform. Is this because he failed to get his eagle or has the art direction flawed.

To be honest I think I might have noticed this same fashion trend in ' Origins '.