Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

I just kicked my pants off and they went right over my head and landed on the door handle. I was so impressed with myself that I'm taking the rest of the night off.
We never really die.

The Legendary Shark

If only the missus had been as impressed, you might have been having pant-trick sex by now...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SmallBlueThing

Because my eldest's bed is covered- covered i say- in 'best of 2000ADs', and he is devouring dredd, rogue, ABCs, sam slade, and his favourite- ro-busters, at an alarming rate. The only downside of this is that he keeps asking me to recall plot points from things i havent read in thirty years, and then giving me that look when i have to say i cant remember. You know the look- the one that says daddy isnt a god after all, and one day i shall usurp him and claim his throne.

But, yay for old proggage!

SBT

TordelBack

...'Cos following her shiny new CEO's Night of the Long Knives my wife has finally been re-established in the management role she held 6 years ago, before she made the mistake of going on maternity leave (twice), and being replaced by her maternity cover (twice).   Seeing as she was slated for redundancy in two successive rounds last year, and only hung on to her job after a long Union fight and by being reduced to an office assistant (after 15 years service), it's quite a turnaround.  She's still on far less money, but at least Justice Has Been Seen To Be Done, and the instant boost to her confidence has been delightful to behold.

Also, the Boy passed his fourth-stage swimming exam (he's a Turtle now, apparently - next stop Dolphin!), which was pretty cool seeing as he was in armbands this time last year. 

And in a minor key, we won our third dinghy race in a row last night, leaving us second overall in the series.  Nice.

I bought expensive ice-cream to cement the generally drokkin' fantasticness of it all.  And to celebrate Roger's birthday, of course.  We'll place a bowl in front of the place we always set for him, just in case.

Roger Godpleton

I found a discarded 2 pence coin in the arcade yesterday so I put it in the penny falls and I got NINE in return. I also managed to walk away before I gambled all my free money away.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Trout

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 May, 2012, 07:29:11 PM
...'Cos following her shiny new CEO's Night of the Long Knives my wife has finally been re-established in the management role she held 6 years ago, before she made the mistake of going on maternity leave (twice), and being replaced by her maternity cover (twice).   Seeing as she was slated for redundancy in two successive rounds last year, and only hung on to her job after a long Union fight and by being reduced to an office assistant (after 15 years service), it's quite a turnaround.  She's still on far less money, but at least Justice Has Been Seen To Be Done, and the instant boost to her confidence has been delightful to behold.

This is heartwarming! I'm really pleased for you. I could tell a few stories about the way family commitments can hold back a career, but I'll exercise discretion.

Well done to Mrs Tordel!

Something Fishy

Indeed fantastic.

And I bet you can trouty my friend.

I've experienced the same, frustratingly so now but more as a result of the eye disability.  It's bloody frustrating what I could have done and what I'm having to do.  But on a positive I see a lot more of the family and get more time to do other things.

maryanddavid

maryanddavid

Twelve years married today, we are both nursing hangovers. Brilliant night out last night, we even made it to a night club, first time in a looooong time.

David

Cyberleader2000

Life's so drokking fantastic for the rest of you because I now have Google chrome with inbuilt spell checker. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

COMMANDO FORCES

Aonghus

Quote from: maryanddavid on 04 June, 2012, 11:38:58 AM
Twelve years married today, we are both nursing hangovers. Brilliant night out last night, we even made it to a night club, first time in a looooong time.

David

Congratulations mate, that's brilliant! (Nice to know it's possible to still have fun and get langered with someone you've been with for over a decade: give me hope for the future!)

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 06 June, 2012, 09:07:28 PM
Life's so drokking fantastic for the rest of you because I now have Google chrome with inbuilt spell checker. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:o the end of an era!

As for myself, I'm free of obligations, and inundated with fun ideas, and that's all I want right now ^_^

von Boom

Life's so drokking fantastic for the rest of you because I now have Google chrome with inbuilt spell checker.

¿Que?

COMMANDO FORCES

Just this minute I received the initial sketch on my next commission from a 2000AD Great  :thumbsup:

Pete Wells and Buttonman will be very happy but not as happy as me  ;)

vzzbux

Does this mean that words like ARSOM won't come to fruition? A sad day for us all.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.