Main Menu

Game of Thrones Season 7: It's A Bit Nippy Out (SPOILERS)

Started by Jim_Campbell, 18 July, 2017, 09:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

QuoteIt just seems ridiculous to me that she's riding around on the back of a dragon and yet doubts the existence of a zombie army.

Erm, but it's all relative, isn't it? Yes, in our world, dragons are fantastical, but in the universe of Game of Thrones, their existence is an accepted fact, which no one disputes. The dragonlords ruled Westeros for hundreds of years, there's dozens of dragon skulls in the cellars under the Red Keep - whereas Wights and White Walkers haven't been seen south of the Wall in thousands of years, and have passed into myth and legend as a consequence.

radiator

QuoteMaybe he's just there so he can be exposed for what he's done

That's exactly my point.

Rara Avis

Well like Sheridan said she'll come around soon enough ..

Re: Littlefinger, we don't know why he's still in Winterfell but it doesn't necessarily mean that the writers have run out of story for him and he's just waiting around for the truth to come out. I'd be very disappointed if that's what happened. Maybe he'll be the main character to die this season in a suitably ironic way?

Tjm86

Quote from: Rara Avis on 09 August, 2017, 04:54:51 PM
Maybe he'll be the main character to die this season in a suitably ironic way?

The rather pointed passing of looks between him and Arya seemed to suggest that he might need to watch his step around her.

IndigoPrime

Perhaps he'll be choked to death by his little finger.

Rara Avis

By rights he should die when one of his schemes backfires on him ... maybe the Vale men will find out that [spoiler]he pushed Lyssa out the moondoor and Robin will finally get to make someone fly ... or Jon Snow might lop his head off the way Ned's was in Season 1 ... [/spoiler], there are so many ways to die in Westeros. Can we agree that we don't think he'll make it to the end of the series?

Also read an interesting theory online that maybe when all is said and done Cersei will be the one to command the Westerosi forces and that she will ultimately become the hero proving that the ends justify the means... interesting no?

sheridan

Quote from: Rara Avis on 09 August, 2017, 03:47:01 PM
It just seems ridiculous to me that she's riding around on the back of a dragon and yet doubts the existence of a zombie army.

The preview for next weeks shows Jon getting close up wit Drogon, I wonder if it will recognise his [spoiler]Targaryen blood?[/spoiler]

It took me a bit of working out to establish that he's (probably) [spoiler]Arya and Sansa's cousin, and Danyris' nephew[/spoiler].

sheridan

Quote from: Rara Avis on 09 August, 2017, 08:04:05 PM
Also read an interesting theory online that maybe when all is said and done Cersei will be the one to command the Westerosi forces and that she will ultimately become the hero proving that the ends justify the means... interesting no?

Not heard that one before - it'd certainly confound expectations if Ma-Ma came out on top.  Now thinking of Cersei taking some Slo-Mo and being pushed out of the moon door...

shaolin_monkey

Credit due to Headey's acting skills, when I watch GoT I completely forget that she was Ma Ma.

Rara Avis

@ Sheridan, yeah the idea is that at the end of the series she comes out as the hero as she is the only one left to mount the defence against the White Walkers. If this happens we'll see that the series was about her all along. Pretty interesting way for it to go considering how despised she currently is however the last few episodes have shown her to be a pretty incredible military strategist.

She was also Queen Gorgo in 300.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Rara Avis on 10 August, 2017, 04:55:16 PMhowever the last few episodes have shown her to be a pretty incredible military strategist
Depends who's doing the strategy – her or her brother (or – perhaps likely – both).

Rara Avis

Well that remains to be seen but it does look like Jamie takes a backseat to her so I am willing to give her the credit. Although they did get Ser Tarly on board and he was mentioned to be a renowned strategist so maybe it was him?

At the start of the season I really thought she was going to be fucked but she is making Dany look like a rank amateur.

IndigoPrime

Rara Avis

Well tbf Dany did take out the Dothraki 'high command' (for want of a better phrase) on her own recognisance. Everything else she achieved was because of the dragons iirc.

Tyrion was the mastermind of the Battle of the Blackwater while Cersei at that point was planning on poisoning her children.

Cersei, or Jamie or both have really upped their game this season. She's got the kingdom out of debt with the Iron Bank, neutralised the Dornish and Highgarden threats, forged an alliance with the Iron Islands leaving only the Riverlands up for grabs. Dany only holds Dragonstone (or held)  as of the last episode.

Leigh S

I've been flying Flag Cersei for a while now... In comparison to a lot of other characters, what has she really done wrong?  Jaimie pushed Bran out the window, he's the sodding King Slayer - Joffrey killed Ned, Cersei was just as pissed as everyone else. 

She has overlooked Joffrey's poison true, and has made some pretty ropey tactical errors in previous series but is she really any worse than anyone else?