Main Menu

Helltrekkers - Released December 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 22 January, 2023, 06:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swerty

Seem to remember one of the Eagle reprint comics from the 80's printed it in colour.Don't remember which one.

Scavengers

Max Headroom

Just pre-ordered my copy of the exclusive webshop edition. Despite quite a long time to wait (and hearing mixed things about this story), I'm looking forward to reading it.

JohnW

Just bought the TPB and so glad I did.
Wagner and Grant give us a cast of decent, god-fearing pioneers, whom they proceed to kill off in imaginative ways.
(I came across a post by Funt Solo, comparing it to The Waltons, and I couldn't shake it from my mind while I was reading this. Nor could I shake the impression that Wagner and Grant were enjoying themselves a little too much in the suffering they inflicted on the wholesome and hopeful homesteaders.)
Lalia's art is perfect and is reproduced very nicely.
The Cursed Earth is properly cursed, and a bit more believable than in, say, The Cursed Earth. There's no death belt and the mutants are just stunted and deformed, as opposed to colourfully reconfigured and/or superpowered. There are dinosaurs though: very persistent dinosaurs.
The nostalgia hit is so strong that every time I turn the page I expect to see City of the Damned or Halo Jones Book 2.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Swerty

I got the one with the glorious webshop edition cover.Hard to believe it's nearly 40 years ago this came out.