Main Menu

Nemesis the Warlock - OVERSIZED, "Definitive edition (vol 1) - Due December 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 March, 2023, 12:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Nemesis the Warlock - The Definitive Edition, volume 1 - Paperback, 160 pages, 7th December 2023

Long out of print, The Definitive Nemesis the Warlock collects one of the stand-out 2000 AD series and presents it in the best possible format for a comprehensive reading experience, highlighting the art in an oversized format to allow the reader to fully luxuriate in the highly-detailed artwork of the late, great Kevin O'Neill.

Long regarded as one of the crown-jewel epics from the pages of 2000 AD, at long last Nemesis the Warlock is back in print and better than ever in a brand-new series of Definitive editions.

Written by Pat Mills (Marshal Law) and drawn by Kevin O'Neill (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen), this definitive series is a comprehensive collection of the complete storyline in order, and features development sketches showing the evolution of Nemesis and the Blitzspear.

Termight is the ruling planet of a cruel galactic empire, an empire led by the diabolically evil Torquemada, a twisted human despot intent on purging all alien life from the galaxy and punishing the deviants. His motto: Be pure! Be vigilant! Behave! But there is rebellion and resistance to his rule in the form of a devilish-looking alien warlock called Nemesis, who represents everything that Torquemada hates and fears. Together Nemesis and Torquemada are locked in a duel which will affect the fate of humanity and each of them on a personal level as their conflict spans time and space!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Grumpy Andrew

Dash Decent

I'm interested to see if the "series" of Definitive Editions means the run of Nemesis, or a whole lot of other titles in deluxe oversized printings.  I'd be sorely tempted by a big edition of Rogue Trooper, especially with Cam Kennedy art.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Max Headroom

Is this going to be bigger and better than the 'Heresies' editions which I thought were the 'definitive' ones? I might be persuaded if the missing colour sections are restored.

IndigoPrime

I wonder whether there'll be a HC in the webshop. Interesting Rebellion's going for oversize again. A pity HCs don't sell better in the UK, because a HC run of classic strips would be lovely. (Oversized Nikolai Dante, eg.)

Max Headroom

Just out of interest - exactly how big is 'oversized'? Does it mean as big as the Bolland, McMahon and O'Neill Apex Editions were?

Dash Decent

The measurements on Amazon say (with rounding by me) about 21cm x 27.6cm. That's about 2 - 2.5 cms more, in both directions, than the Case Files and JD Mega Collection volumes.

I was thinking it would be nice if they could make the book wider without making it taller, so there wasn't so much wasted space at the top and bottom, but they've got to make sure the size accommodates the more rectangular format of later stories, otherwise the run would have different sized volumes. We have enough buffer overload when the spines don't line up!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

13school

Tomwe

Tomwe

AlexF

Ooh, if this follows on with a 'Definitive' Gothic Empire I'm gonna get that one...

Nellgrove

I'm hopeful this is a definitive classics series of other series (not just Nemesis). Would love an oversized consistent format, as an alternative to the smaller Hachette hardcovers.

hellscrape

Oh man, if these have the colored pages intact, this would be my fourth version of some of these tales!!!

nxylas

Quote from: hellscrape on 31 March, 2023, 04:38:51 AMOh man, if these have the colored pages intact, this would be my fourth version of some of these tales!!!
Would you think it too many? Oh sorry, wrong strip.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Magnetica

Is there any reason to think it will have the colour pages? Has there been an announcement to that in effect?