Main Menu

Space Elevators

Started by damnandblast, 05 December, 2002, 06:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

"A hearty slap on the face to anyone who can tell me what 'Vermicious K'nids' are."

Don't they get mistaken for shooting stars?
Pffft...

JayzusB.Christ

They certainly do. And what ominous word, for 3000 points, do they spell out by changing shape in the space station lifts (or elevators, if you prefer)?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Quirkafleeg

JayzusB.Christ

Bang on the button! Grud bless everyone's knowledge of the works of Sophie Dahl (that is right, isn't it?)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mk13

So. Very. Right...http://www.peterwilkinson.karoo.net/sophie_dahl.jpg">

judge dreddd

NASA cant get a lot right lately, a space lift ( lets get british ! ) is a long way off.

VERY expensive

Dounreay

Elevator, shmelevator.

What you want is a bloody great tree as written in Larry Nivens inspired lunacy on time travel in "Rainbow Mars".

Right, I'm off to drink a shed load of tins and watch the Spiderman movie. You can tell me afterwards if I'll regret it.

Capt.Zeep

Wasn't there a story about a beanstalk or something?  Foolish boy and magic beans? As I recall it all ended in tears.  For the Giant anyway.  And he was such a good judge...

Quirkafleeg

Sophie is actually a judge on the Orange lit awards, so obviously some lit cred