Main Menu

Lord of the Rings: Special edition DVD Easter egg.

Started by karne, 13 December, 2002, 08:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karne

Here you go chum's, enjoy.

On the second disc go to the main menu, then go to the select a scene page and from there, highlight 48 from the list on the right and press enter on your remote control. This will take you to another page, from where you should highlight Official Fan Club Credits and press down on your remote control. This will reveal an image of The Two Towers at the bottom of the screen. Press enter on your remote control, and you will receive a short congratulatory scene from Director Peter Jackson, followed by a three and a half minute trailer for Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

Tu-plang

Which Special Edition is it?  I've got the four-disc one and it's got a pretty funny easter egg on disc one or two (try both, I'm not sure).

Go to scene selection.  On the final menu scroll down past the last scene and it'll highlight something.  Press it and you get an MTV sketch featuring Jack Black and Sarah Michelle Gellar and footage from the film involving Jack getting a certain piercing.

paulvonscott

I found the trailer, but couldn't find the jack black one, I'll give it another go.

Malchidiel

The region 2 version does not contain the MTV spoof. It was removed in order to gain a PG rating in the U.K.