Main Menu

Your Country Needs You!

Started by Byron Virgo, 24 August, 2005, 09:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

Well done sirs! Smashing chaps, all two of you!

Course, I'll have to change the name "Penny Ryder" to "Jenny Ryder" (this being the 1070/80's), but otherwise it's all set to go. Lovely stuff!

If you're interested in the more sapphic connotations of Pony School, perhaps I ought to post Bryan's original character sketch? That'd certainly straighten your wig!

House of Usher

But who was Abi Titmuss in the '70s/'80s?
STRIKE !!!

Max Kon

Dear Destroy all Japs! editors,

How come Seargent Edward Berridge said that he he destroyed all the japs, but there are still some alive today?

Max,

Age 5year 3 months 1 week and 5 days

Conexus

Dear Sirs,

You will be pleased to note that I am a gentleman, and will therefore not take you to the highest court in the land. The guilt of breaking the trades description act should weigh heavy on your shoulders. If you do not include at least one numbered diagram of how to fit a bridal, why this publication shall be a pony school in name only, and you shall loose my valuable custom.

Good Day,

Sir S.G Macshane  

Conexus

Sorry, this version reads a little better

Dear Sirs,

You will be pleased to note that I am a gentleman, and will therefore not take you to the highest court in the land the guilt of breaking the trades description act should however, weigh heavy on your shoulders. If you do not rectify this situation forthwith by including at least one numbered diagram of how to fit a bridal, why this publication shall be a pony school in name only, and you shall loose my valuable custom.

Good Day,

Sir S.G Macshane

Conexus

oh and feel free to change the name if you think it's likely that mister swearagen will take the satire too hard and threaten to take you to court over defammation

Byron Virgo

I thought this Swearengen chap was just Logan under an assumed name? Or was that someone else? It's so hard to keep up...

Though I feel that I should point out that there is an exhaustive glossary in Pony School issue 1 that covers all aspects of the tack room that a potential rider would need to know, as well as a multitude of espionage-based acronyms.

Conexus

musta missed that- who reads those bits anyway ?

Conexus

Bryron I think you you just what you just said as an editor's note, then followed by this letter*

Sirs,
In light of this new information, I humbly withdraw my accusations forthwith, right away, and you can be assured of my continued custom.

Good Day,

Sir S.G Macshane

p.s would it hurt to show a bit of tit now and then?

*this kind of thing happened alot in Monty Python, using this device you'll be so old school your desk'll have ink wells

Byron Virgo

Glad to see all that time I spent writing it was aorthwhile then.

Conexus

I read the rest of it didn't I ? Besides, I bought it so, really you shouldn't chare if i just used it to stuff it up my jumper when the winter gets too cold

Byron Virgo

Hey! That's a limited edition, you'll crease it!

I have a homing device installed you know - I can recall it back home anytime you try to damage it.

Anyway, I thought you said you weren't going to buy a copy? When did this happen then?

Conexus

it was when I descided I should just give up the fight and embrace my sexual deviency*, which of course lead to bitter disapointment when i read the damn thing

*just incase the internet police are watching, no I'm not really a sexual deviant(unless you count the frankvurter with extra mustard)In my opinion all kiddyfiddlers should be hung up by the gonards**

**opinion copyright The Sun

SamuelAWilkinson

Dear 'Sergeant Typhoon' editors,

As any fule kno, typhoons are namd the other way around, and yor fine publicashun shud bear the name 'Typhoon Sergeant'.

Chiz, ho hum, and school soss. for all,

Nigel Molesworth.

P.S. Whichever wa around yu put it, this fellow is utterly wet and a weed.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Dounreay

Dear sir,

I have been a fan of your manly, no nonsense publications for many years. They stand proudly erect above all the other feeble comics in the newsagent I frequent.

Why the other day I saw one comic about spaceships and such where the editor preported to be an alien. I ask you!

I still have my exit wound splatter mark stickers and 'Know your enemy' identifacation booklet form issue 1 of Destroy All Japs so it was with great delight I seized your new publication Death Camp Jones.

Who writes this drivel! Jones, an Englishman, captured through no fault of his own, hasn't managed to escape by the end of episode 1?

I suggest you change the name of this title to Death to Camp Jones as the man is obviously a nancy boy!

Yours,

Menzies Waistcoat-Tweed (Col.) (Rtd.)