Main Menu

Your favourite comic cover... What is it?

Started by Buddy, 24 January, 2011, 03:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Just a bit of fun... what's your fave comic cover and why... doesn't have to be 2000ad related.

I just love this... (hope link works)

I love Millers works and love the cramped look about Batman in this.. very claustrophobic.

And Lynn Varleys colours in the entire series is outstanding...

TordelBack

This one completely blew my mind when I saw it first, aged 12:

Sienkiewicz was the most bizarre choice for the shiny yellow world of The New Mutants, but in one stroke he elevated the book to near-brilliance.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Beeks

Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of Flesh I always remember this cover in my youth and loved it

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

doggettX

Mid 90's Supergirl was awesome...

...as long as you stop reading past issue 9.
It got weird.

satchmo

Colin YNWA

I think if I tried to work out my favourite comic cover ever my head just might explode. So I'll settle for my favourite 2000ad one which is probably

Although I'll almost certainly change my mind in a couple of minutes!

Greg M.

I'd even struggle to pick my favourite 2000AD one... so many possibilities. But maybe...

bluemeanie

Goaty

JOE SOAP

It's a tie between two progs 2 weeks apart:

radiator

Pretty much any of Dave Johnson's covers for 100 Bullets... Stylish, bold and sophisticated - and all drawn in a style that compliments the interior art perfectly, despite being by a different artist.

A strong sense of design is what makes a truly great cover, that sets it above from the usual generic stock pose.

Goaty

A Cover that they wouldnt daring to make the cover of Nikolai Dante: Tsar Wars Volume 2 Graphic Novel!

ming

Some great covers posted here; that New Mutants one is one I have fond memories of (and rediscovered a few issues including that one in a box recently).

Hard to pick one (actually, picking ONE is okay, but a shortlist of 10 would be horribly difficult).  Outside 2000AD, for me, it's this one:

CrazyFoxMachine