Main Menu

Your favourite comic cover... What is it?

Started by Buddy, 24 January, 2011, 03:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Zarjazzer

my favourite comic of all time. I love the sending up of the often all too worthy SW universe and Cams art makes it a star.

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Adrian Bamforth

Goaty

SmallBlueThing

These three have long been favourites of mine, as they show the simple approach to comics favoured by Marvel, back in the day. And right they were!

SBT

SmallBlueThing

But THIS is my all-time favourite comic cover.

SBT

Colin YNWA

Also those Star Wars comics made for a mighty fun story too.

chris_askham

Wolverine being possessed by The Brood. I'm pretty sure the story didn't live up to the cover, but I loved all those Marc Silvestri issues.

Greg M.

Probably my favourite X-Men cover:

The Australia / Reavers / Siege Perilous era is probably my favourite.

JOE SOAP

Buttonman

SuperSurfer

I was always more familiar with the adapted version which appeared on the cover of Marvel UK's 'The Super-heroes' issue 1, which is great but more garish than the original. My torn up copy is still framed and on the wall of what was my old bedroom at the old family home. Comics weren't exactly subtle in those days.

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 24 January, 2011, 09:25:46 PM
Also those Star Wars comics made for a mighty fun story too.

Certainly were, but can you imagine the reaction if that stuff made it into the prequels?  A streetwise 6-foot tall green rabbit called Jar....errrr.. Jaxxon, who belongs to the Star Hoppers and flies the Rabbit's Foot?  That f'ing racist rapist Lucas, selling out for the cuddly merch and Happy Meals.  In other words, it'd be exactly the same.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

James Stacey