Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD GOES INTO PRODUCTION FALL 2010

Started by Cyber-Matt, 13 May, 2010, 12:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Stan

Quote from: CraveNoir on 27 July, 2010, 07:49:09 AM
MASSIVE detailed review of the script at ScriptShadow
The more I hear, the more I like! Not as hilarious as Mark's take but we've got to work with what we have. :lol:

Nice, professional review style too. Just the right amount of info without spoiling things.

BMB

I just read this entire thread (take that, Things I Was Supposed To Be Doing!) and have gone from being aware that another Dredd film was possibly somewhere out there possibly one day possibly possibly to extra excited painfully hard happy chappy.

I started reading this thread prepared to get more and more despondent as more news was leaked revealing how much it would be a big stinky but everything I'm reading is making me happier.

And the Urban gurney pic montage back around the 30th page was perfect. Instant sale. :D

bluemeanie

Just read the script review... am getting officially excited now.

pauljholden

Read the script (as found via google) holy shit that's good. A pretty much spot on dredd (certainly as written, this dredd is pretty consistent with comic book dredd) Anderson is pretty great too (with a story that cements their relationship and reminds me a great deal of city of the damned) and the plot- while being a much smaller in terms of the stake and scale - was a fantastic and worthy dredd script.

Roll on the movie!

radiator

QuoteMoon director Duncan Jones has revealed that he turned down the chance to helm the Judge Dredd movie.

The British filmmaker, who is a fan of the 2000AD comic book character, revealed to Man Made Movies that he was sent the script for Alex Garland's adaptation before Vantage Point's Pete Travis was named as director.

Jones admitted that he didn't want to make Garland's script because it didn't match his specific vision for the character.

"I would have loved to do the Judge Dredd movie that is under way," he said. "I was in fact sent the script to look at. It's a great script, and I hope I will not rue the decision of passing on it. Thing was, I had such a strong idea of what I wanted to do with a Dredd movie, I could not bring myself to take it on and not do it my way!"

He continued: "My Dredd would have been really weird, and dark and funny, but not your traditional introduction to a hero character. I don't even know if I could have made my version of the film pitch-able. It was maybe too off the wall."

Such a shame! Perhaps if the Dredd movie does well, Jones could be offered Strontium Dog or another 2000ad property?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a251952/duncan-jones-turned-down-judge-dredd.html

James Stacey

Moon was in my eyes the best film of last year. I loved it. I think however the script is the right way to go for the reboot. Maybe he can do Dredd2: Dredd vs Death  :D

Buddy

Moon was certainly one of the best film from last year (just goes to show that all the special effects in the world.. yes Avatar, I'm looking at you... is no substitute for a well told story) and fair play to Jones for passing if he felt it wasn't right for him.

I'd like to know just what ideas he would have for Dredd... Get McCarthy to do production designs on it... instant cult classic!

Steve Green

I wonder what the chances of getting some art or script droids cameoing in the film are?

If Stan Lee can shoehorn his way into every Marvel pic, then surely the droids deserve their day...

COMMANDO FORCES

Steve Green

Thinking up more grisly death scenes for yourself John?

COMMANDO FORCES

Danbo

Quote from: drich90212 on 27 July, 2010, 07:12:48 PM
Quote from: Minty on 27 July, 2010, 05:36:57 PM
I just hope Dredd is going to call out what he's about to do just before doing it.

BOOT KNIFE!

Yeah he does do that kind of thing. I don't recall him using bootknife though.

Sorry pedant alert :D .Blood of Satanus
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

James Stacey

Blood of Satanus 3 isn't in the film script though I assume