Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD GOES INTO PRODUCTION FALL 2010

Started by Cyber-Matt, 13 May, 2010, 12:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weehawk

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 04 September, 2010, 04:22:43 PM
I hear what your saying,just a bit worried.They will have to be very prudent.I just watched the trailer for Dragonballz because it had a 45 mil budget and it looked bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haIO5WRipyo&feature=related

Well, here's hoping that the film ends up more like "Predators", "Solomon Kane", "A Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy", and "Sin City", as they all had a budget of 40 million or so and overall looked good.

Danbo

Ahh,thats good to know,Soloman was a top film.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

weehawk

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 04 September, 2010, 05:23:46 PM
Ahh,thats good to know,Soloman was a top film.

Indeed. Destined to be an all-time cult classic.

In "Solomon Kane" and "Predators", the budget is noticeable at certain times, but the important thing was that they, as Dracula 1 put it, "focused on specifics".

Steve Green

Another one for for the $40million club.

Serenity.

Beeks

How about Judge Cal and Judge Fish aided by the Kleggs as the bad guys?

;)

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Sweaty Machete on 05 September, 2010, 12:13:30 AM

;)

Sadly I don't see that happening. :'(

weehawk

Quote from: Sweaty Machete on 05 September, 2010, 12:13:30 AM

;)

I can definately see Cal working on film, but the Judge Fish thing might be too much. The Kleggs? I don't know, but I will say that if at some point they decide to use The Dark Judges in a sequel, I don't see why The Kleggs would be that far fetched.

minus

Sadly the Kleggs aren't likely to appear I'd say. Dredd is just too conservative these days! Call me an old fart...which I probably am, but those old days of Dredd were really fun! All this realism stuff... I don't know, it just isn't as imaginative to me. Dig into the old thrill vaults... Rinus Limpopop Quince from the Judge Child days. Now that's a great character!

Dreddzilla

Quote from: minus on 05 September, 2010, 04:52:06 AM
Sadly the Kleggs aren't likely to appear I'd say. Dredd is just too conservative these days! Call me an old fart...which I probably am, but those old days of Dredd were really fun! All this realism stuff... I don't know, it just isn't as imaginative to me. Dig into the old thrill vaults... Rinus Limpopop Quince from the Judge Child days. Now that's a great character!
THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO SEE! :thumbsup:
As much as I loved 'THE DARK KNIGHT' I curse it to hell for ushering in the ''realistic'' era of comic movies. >:(

minus

HA HA! Well at least someone agrees! Many wouldn't! I had a Thrill Sucker infestation during the '90's so I have a decade which I missed. Started the progs 8 years ago, and things had changed. Don't get me wrong, the new Dredd stuff I do enjoy! Really liked the PJ story recently. It just seemed more imaginative in the early 80's. Ur... going off topic here! The movie......

Stan

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 04 September, 2010, 12:46:04 AM
Looking distinctly more blonde in the snapshot attached to this article, although still a little darker than the typical Anderson look. At least we know she's gone blonde before so she should be able to pull off the look. Much as some people would argue it doesn't matter, I would certainly would like to see a blonde Anderson in the movie. Touches like that, inconsequential as they may be, demonstrate to the fans that the filmmakers do care about attention to detail.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/09/03/olivia-thirlby-cast-opposite-karl-urban-in-judge-dredd/

Thanks. I was wondering if she'd look alright as a blond, and she does.

dracula1

It would be great to see some kind of inter-web viral campaign for 'DREDD' (like they did with Dark Knight). Use it to slowly reveal Dredd's bike or outfit as the film is develops. It'll keep us all choppin' at the bit and is great promo' and advertising for the film.

Steve Green

I'd hope so - once you have sets, props and costumes built, it's a shame to not do something to create a buzz.

I'd love them to do a citizen's POV, where you just glimpse the Judges, they're either silouetted or only partly visible.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: Steve Green on 05 September, 2010, 02:02:47 PM
I'd hope so - once you have sets, props and costumes built, it's a shame to not do something to create a buzz.

I'd love them to do a citizen's POV, where you just glimpse the Judges, they're either silouetted or only partly visible.

I agree little snippets here and there, nothing overdone, keep the same branding throughout providing us with little tasters of the big meg.
Never rub another mans rhubarb