Main Menu

new to the board...

Started by o1s1n, 28 April, 2006, 07:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

o1s1n

hi!
i was an avid 2000ad collector when i was younger, stopping when i was about 16.(for some unknown stupid reason. girls perhaps?!) apart from several hundred older issues, my main weekly consecutive progs run from 950 to 1180. i am going to resume collecting, but to be totally satisfied, i *must* plug this 5 or 6 year gap between the most recent and when i stopped. the thought of having to search out all these progs pains me!  
anyone else ever face such a problem?
i'm going to try and scour ebay, hopefully that'll turn up many results :D  

Trout

Hello and welcome.

Have a look at the Classifieds section of this very site.

- Trout

Adrian Bamforth

I've said it before and I'll Say It Again...

One of us...
One of us...
One of us...
One of us...

ADEhttp://perso.wanadoo.fr/les.barbus/images/freaks.jpg">

Radbacker

howdy, cant help you with those missing progs but I can tell you you've got alot to look forward to.

CU Radbacker

TordelBack

1180 to the present?  That's not a bad spell to catch up on!  What have you ahead of you... Tsar Wars, Button Man 3, the whole Family Dredd saga, Necronauts, Dredd Vs Aliens, Nemesis Book X, new Strontium Dog, Prog 2000.... mmmm, I don't half envy you.  I was going to suggest you just pick up the collections of the better stuff, but to be honest, it's a few years that are well worth having.  Enjoy!

(I won't mention Helter Skelter, Telguuth, Secret Commonwealth, Meet the Snozzburnes etc. - why should you be spared the pain?)

Bad Andy

o1sin...

Don't suppose you're London based, are you? In true pass it on style, I am looking to give someone over a year's worth of progs (I think it's nearly two years actually) many of which were given to me by the philanthropic Mr Virgo.

o1s1n

i'm from ireland actually :) wow, you give away free progs here? :D what a nice bunch!

Bad Andy

That's a shame - I can't post the package because its hard enough to carry the damn thing.

o1s1n

excellent, some guy is selling 66 prog on ebay from 1313 to 1378...and the auction ends in 11min. pray for me ! :D

o1s1n

:( i know what you mean. i have a feeling postage is going to set me back quite a lot in general as i think im going to have to rely on ebay for getting them all. progs 1313 to 1378 (if i win them) are going to cost ?30 to send. argh! my poor wallet

o1s1n

outbid! ... well there goes that idea lol. I take it theres no way i could convince you to mail them  at all bad andy no?  

Bolt-01

Welcome aboard O1s1n.

Bolt-01

Bad Andy

Outbid? Really? Didn't realise there was so much demand.

Tell you what, I will see how much it will cost. The good news is that I think my progs cover this period (with perhaps one or two omissions). It will be expensive though. Especially if you're not in Northern Ireland ,I guess.

Dudley

Ade?  Told you before, don't scare the fresh...

Pleased to MEET you, O1s1n!

TordelBack

O1s1n, if you're near Dublin, that toy/comic shop at the north end of Crow Lane in Temple Bar (beyond 'The Third Place' and on the corner opposite Urban Outfitters) always has boxfuls of back progs.  Couldn't speak to the price, but it's gotta save on shipping costs...