Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

I LOVE that Flint Nemesis/Deadlock 'playing card'!

Fatboydale

my grail will be picked up tomorrow .... taken 10 years ...i hope not to let you all down ..

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Simon Beigh

Love the Ezquerra pages, Skullmo, and the Hicklenton is passable I guess  :D

The big fella looks extremely happy with his new pictures, Bob! Nice to see them up on your wall.

Please feel free to laugh and point, as I know nothing about Nemesis, but o1s1n is that Deadlock after the Nemesis picture you put up? Anyway, whoever it is it's a cracking picture!

And if we all say "Dale Grail" three times, will it magically appear?

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 26 July, 2013, 03:51:38 PM
I LOVE that Flint Nemesis/Deadlock 'playing card'!

Yes, quite lovely that, isnt it.

Some very choice pieces getting posted on here, and Bob may well make a 'frame' convert out of me yet,  ;)

Looking good!

And a 'Dale Grail' - it rhymes!, to come.

hippynumber1

Quote from: sauchie on 24 July, 2013, 07:38:38 PM:

"PROTECTING ARTWORK FROM ULTRAVIOLET LIGHT, by Laura Stirton Aust, ARTcare.   

FILMS AND WINDOW COVERINGS: The primary source of ultraviolet radiation is sunlight.  Window films and some coverings provide UV filtering without blocking substantial visible light.  UV filtering of sunlight will help to safeguard prints, furnishings and textiles while also reducing the heat entering a window.

Done a little bit of research into this and looks like it may be worthwhile - about £350 for 30 metres of film that blocks 99% of UV

o1s1n

Quote from: SimeonB on 27 July, 2013, 07:14:32 AM
Please feel free to laugh and point, as I know nothing about Nemesis, but o1s1n is that Deadlock after the Nemesis picture you put up? Anyway, whoever it is it's a cracking picture!

Yep, it's Nemesis pooping out Deadlock  :D

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 27 July, 2013, 11:32:32 AM
Done a little bit of research into this and looks like it may be worthwhile - about £350 for 30 metres of film that blocks 99% of UV

I do remember reading that it has a slightly greenish tint to it. So would be worth buying a small tester bit first just to see if you're happy with the results. :)

Skullmo

Quote from: Fatboydale on 26 July, 2013, 09:50:07 PM
my grail will be picked up tomorrow .... taken 10 years ...i hope not to let you all down ..

10 years and 1 day now

Fatboydale

Grail ...

Slaine By Angela Kincaid nee Mills

hippynumber1

Fucking hell Dale!  :o and timed to perfection...

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 28 July, 2013, 03:20:58 PM
Fucking hell Dale!  :o and timed to perfection...

Just Wow...........and what Mark said !!!
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

o1s1n

:o

Well done Dale!!!!

Truly deserves the title 'Dale Grail'!  :)

Call-Me-Kenneth

Outstanding Dale! What a piece of history....and a lovely piece of work in it's own right.
There can't be many more important 2000ad pieces out there. Once again, congrats!

Skullmo

Wow that really is amazing - And it looks so much better than the published version!!

Frank

Quote from: Skullmo on 28 July, 2013, 06:26:05 PM
Wow that really is amazing - And it looks so much better than the published version!!

Yep. The repro and paper quality in book illustration obviously did not prepare Angie for the horrors her work would be subjected to in the pages of the galaxy's greatest. Those are gorgeous, Dale.