Main Menu

New Thundercats series (2011)

Started by puggdogg, 04 June, 2010, 02:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puggdogg

I just read at Superherohype that Thundercats will return. Sounds good to me. That was one of my favourite childhood cartoons. The promo artwork is just plain awesome.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/101993-new-thundercats-series-to-air-in-2011

IAMTHESYSTEM

Out with the old, re hash the old as new. RIP creativity. ::)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

klute

I hope it doesnt stink, though i bet it will
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

JOE SOAP

Why bother, it was crap and camp the first time.

Jared Katooie

Yeah, isn't it weird how even the crap ideas are being remade these days?

I look forward to the big-budget remake of "I spit on your grave".

M.I.K.

Camp? Yes. Crap? No.

Probably one of the first cartoons I saw which made me think "Whoa! Who designed that character/building/backdrop?"

Van Dom

I LOVED the Thundercats..............though more so the comic and the toys than the cartoons.. In fact, now I come to think of it, can't really remember the toon at all. But definately bought the comic and me and my bro had loads of the figures, which were really really cool...

I'll give this a shot.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Paul faplad Finch

Thundercats was awesome then and it's awesome now. I recently pulled out my complete box set and my nephew is now hooked. He watches them on a continual loop and has probably seen them more times than I have. Which is a lot.

The biggest problems the show had was in the sound department. Firstly because the female voice talent was bloody atrocious and secondly because the effect used on the Berbil voices made them nigh on unintelligible at times. Writing wise and design wise the show was head and shoulders above anything else that was around at the time.

That said, I reserve the right to say the new stuff is crap if it's, you know, crap.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

puggdogg

The Hobbit and the Return of the King animated movies were made by the same people behind Thundercats which is quite obvious when looking at the designs of the characters.

ThryllSeekyr

I used to enjoy the cartoon in it's day and would look forward to it's upgrade.

Mardroid

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 04 June, 2010, 11:02:09 PM
Yeah, isn't it weird how even the crap ideas are being remade these days?

But surely the stuff which started crap is the stuff that should be remade?

As long as it's an improvement of course. Not just more... crap.

Not that I'm saying Thundercats was crap. I never saw enough of it to judge.

That poster is brilliant though. An interesting dark twist to the main character.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mardroid on 05 June, 2010, 07:47:59 PM

An interesting dark twist to the main character.

Isn't that too much of a cliche now, put a campy character into shadow and he's somehow magically deep, meaningful and edgy.

M.I.K.

'Tis a bit and they don't want to make them too dark or they could risk taking some of the edge off of Mumm-Ra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERQV_wQqWBA

HOO-HAA

I, Cosh

We never really die.