Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

I'm not a particular fan of Harrison's work, but interviews suggest that, unsurprisingly, he's happiest drawing his own creation, The Out. Good for him.

AlexF

Interesting point - beyond the Out and Glimmer Rats, Harrison has spent most of his time at 2000AD working on other people's characters. (Although his Durham Red trilogy is basically a new thing - vanishingly few parts of that relate to the original Strontium Dog, or even Strontium Dogs).

The Out really is very good, not least because of Harrison's imagination.

MumboJimbo

Harrison's work has the out-of-focus, uncanny quality of an early childhood memory, and I love it for that

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: Year Three - Paperback, 416 pages, 2nd February 2021

The third omnibus collecting three great brand-new novellas about the early years of iconic comics character Judge Dredd's career.

Mega-City One, 2082. In two short years, Judge Joe Dredd has tackled hardened killers and would-be revolutionaries, he's taken beat-downs and bounced back, he's even arrested his own brother.

Ain't no such thing as a "normal year" in the Big Meg. In his third year on the sked, he'll become embroiled in the growing anti-robot movement; he'll head back out to the Cursed Earth; and he'll fall afoul of the secretive SJS - and not for the last time...

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 05 September, 2020, 04:14:34 PM
Spotted on Amazon that Third World War vol. 2 is due for release in January: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Third-World-War-Book-Two/dp/1781089299/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=third+world+war&qid=1599318628&sr=8-4

Good work, Mr Snazz.

Third World War Book Two: Back to Babylon - Paperback, 256 pages, 5th January 2021

The second thrilling Treasury of British Comics collection of the politically charged thriller by Pat Mills and Carlos Ezquerra! After her eye-opening experiences of corporate interference in Central America, Eve returns to Britain with a renewed political drive and determination to fight for what she believes in.

Written in the late 80s by Pat Mills (Nemesis the Warlock, Slaine) this incendiary second volume of the ground-breaking political comic not only contains contributions by legend Carlos Ezquerra (Judge Dredd, Preacher) but also introduces international comics stars Sean Phillips (Criminal, Kill or Be Killed) and Duncan Fegredo (Hellboy, Kid Eternity)!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Jerry Siegel's Syndicate of Crime - Paperback, 144 pages, 13th April 2021

Equipped with a razor-sharp mind, superb athletic ability and a vast array of cutting edge gadgets, The Spider has his sights set on taking over the New York underworld and establishing a 'Syndicate of Crime'! Join the menacing Spider on his earliest adventures, recruiting other fiends into his fledging empire and seeing off competition from other villainous foes, including the master of illusion, Mirror Man! Fully remastered and collected for the first time, this volume presents many of the super-crook's exciting 1960's adventures which featured the most popular British comic book villain and sprang from the imagination of Superman co-creator, Jerry Siegel.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Night of the Devil: War Picture Library, Volume 3 - Hardcover, 128 pages, 16th February 2021

In Night of the Devil, take a hallucinatory trip through the oppressive heat of the Burmese jungle along with British soldiers engaged in desperate skirmishes with the enemy. In Bayonet Jungle, Private Jack Green's presence is seen as an omen of bad luck but he struggles to prove himself to the experienced soldiers of Third Platoon as they fight against the Japanese army that surrounds them.

Night of the Devil by comics legend Hugo Pratt is the fourth in a major series of new collections - joining the War Picture Library's mission to bring all of the long-lost UK of war comics master artists back into print. Here, two exciting and explosive war stories lushly illustrated by Hugo Pratt, comics legend and creator of iconic character, Corto Maltese.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Major Eazy: The Italian Campaign - Paperback, 2nd March 2021

Go on patrol with Major Eazy, the laid-back British officer who always completes his mission!

Before Judge Dredd and Strontium Dog for 2000 AD, comic maestro Carlos Ezquerra created an iconic star character of bestselling British war comic, Battle. Now, collected in order for the first time, Rebellion is proud to present all of Major Eazy's adventures remastered and from the beginning.

From pulse-pounding invasion of Sicily to the German surrender at Brenner Pass, Major Eazy Volume 1 collects all of the character's adventures across the Italian arena of war.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

dweezil2

Quote from: broodblik on 14 October, 2020, 04:03:34 PM
Coming next year is a new collection of The Stainless Steel Rat:

https://2000ad.com/news/new-the-stainless-steel-rat-collection-planned-for-2021/

Got the old paperback collection, but a hardback, with reinstated coloured spreads is absolutely wonderful!!!   :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

broodblik

Coming in May 2021 with a new cover by Chris Weston a brand new collection of the earliest adventures of Adam Eterno

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Some great Chris Weston art of the cover:

The classic B/W

For the millenniums whom never grow up with a touch of classic expose to them:

Bolt-01

broodblik

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 October, 2020, 12:11:26 PM
Oh man, that is astounding...

Chris Weston's art is like wine the older the better it gets

Dark Jimbo

There's presumably a Universe out there where Rebellion released the bulk of these Treasury books first, and then started The Vigilant, once the reprints of these half-forgotten characters were mostly back in print...  We're in the bizarro version, where they did it the other way around.
@jamesfeistdraws