Main Menu

Apocalypse War (inc Block Mania) vs Judge Child - Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! S

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 April, 2021, 06:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well wow we are really at the big hitters now. Two of the earliest Epics in this semi and both very, very different stories. One a straight up war story, singlar in its vision, art and focus. The other a collage of ideas, setting and imagination with a colladiscope of art work. All that matters now however is which is your favourite.

Seed 4 Apocalypse War (inc Block Mania) Progs 236-270

Vs

Seed 11 Judge Child - Progs 156 - 181

Still with the simple purity of popping the name of the Epic you prefer in a reply to this thread (remember to mark it clearly so I can spot it - bold tags are good) and then say whatever the heck you like to about these two great stories.

We're 3 day votes for the semis, so this one will close first thing in the morning Thursday 15th April - winner is a finalist - loser goes to a 3rd place play-off

All links go through to AlexF's simply brilliant Dredd Epics Ranked blog. You may need to scroll to find his write up of a particular story - but I'd suggest just reading the whole thing anyway - it's fantastic stuff.

Baffled by what's going on here - well we have a a thread for that - though that might leave you more confused than anything.

Rules for what they are worth.

Not sure about anything just ask and I'll blag it.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

abelardsnazz

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Angel Gang v Orlok?

The Judge Child gave us City of the Damned and bionic eyes.

Apocalypse War gave us the Sovs and Day of Chaos.

JUDGE CHILD by a whisker, but only because of Jigsaw Disease.
Lock up your spoons!

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

judge child
the ideas!
the holy trinity of dredd artists,  so utterly different but so clearly in a positive oneupmanship competition.

Dr Feeley Good

Rogue Judge

Apocalypse War

As much as I enjoy the Judge Child, Apocalypse War is the clear winner here.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++