Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Wait....What? Microwaved takes on freeze peach aside, they made another Indy Movie? What kind of degenerate, cocaine addled sociopath thought the world needed another another Indiana Jones movie? Does some Hollywood coke fiend have a vendetta against Harrison Ford relaxing into retirement? Indy is a generic pulp action hero. Could they not recast? Was Chris Pratt too busy?

I sincerely was not aware that this was a thing until I saw a poster last week. In Portugal of all places. The poster was beside a larger image of Christiano Ronaldo in his skants. Can you guess which image disturbed me less?

You may quote me on that.

Hawkmumbler

It really is a baffling one, as I haven't even seen a trailer for it outside of some Kia product promotions and the red carpet spiel they always play at chain cinemas before the movie you actually want to see starts.

It's not so baffling when you simply chalk it up to Disney Execs. being Disney Execs. again, there's always a 95% drained money boil that can do with being lanced again if they can squeeze those last few dollars out of an increasingly jaded fanbase.

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 July, 2023, 03:50:03 PMGerry Adams had to be dubbed on BBC News.

I'm contractually obliged to post this whenever that gets mentioned: The Day Today - IRA
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

going on holiday today and missed my feckin flight. Every time I have followed the instruction to arrive 2 hours early, I've then had an hour and a half wait in departure lounge but due to problems with the baggage system the queue was immense and arriving an hour and a quarter early wasn't enough - I was still queuing for security when the gate closed. Back home now with an afternoon flight booked that has added another £150 to my trip.

The Legendary Shark

Ugh, that blows. Hope all goes well from here on in, DDD, and that you enjoy your holiday.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Barrington Boots

That sucks dude! I hope the holiday is great when you finally get there!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dandontdare

Attempt #2 - taking no chances. I'm checked in, bag dropped and through security lickety split. It's over 2 hours to my flight. Time for a pint I think.

The Legendary Shark

...wakes up under a table in the airport bar, six hours later...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

After ten long and faithful years, my tenacious little Ipad Gen 2 lite has gone to the great landfill in the sky. The last few years where rough (downloading the prog, all I used it for, became like pulling teeth) but
fortunately have enough solvency to pick up a decently discounted brand new Gen 9 to immediately replace it.

Not often you get quite such a lifetime out of an Apple product.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 26 July, 2023, 01:04:30 PMNot often you get quite such a lifetime out of an Apple product.

Still (occasionally) use my first-gen iPod Nano. :)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Those early models really do seem to have just been built differently, it'll be interesting to see how a newer model stacks up in the longevity department.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The "e" key on my laptop's* keyboard has stopped working. Without an xtrnal usb kyboard all my sntancs ar rally hard to rad.

*It's a dcad old
You may quote me on that.