Main Menu

Where dust goes to gather...

Started by Trout, 18 September, 2007, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

My comics are all in long boxes in the loft sadly. I only have a few GN's and Omnibus's in my 'office' and some original art on the wall, but they all mean a lot to me  :D

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Colin YNWA

Wow that's some cool art. A John Stokes Black Knight (with Captain Britain) is very VERY cool.

And like me you seem to have a PJ from Happy Valley if my eyes aren't deserving me and it looks like a good un too!

Lovely stuff and some of the sketches look super cool too. Is that Paul Grist piece a comics page or a con sketch. I seem to recall he draws at a crazy small size?

Trooper McFad

Some amount of art on your walls there Marbles- great stuff 👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Marbles

Yes I got the John Stokes Captain Britain 10-15 years ago from eBay, couldn't believe my luck, especially as it has Jackdaw & Black Knight too (I also have two CB Bowen busts, the original & the Alan Davis version).

The PJ Holden Happy Valley page I bought direct from him on Twitter, very happy with it. The Paul Grist is a page from Jack Staff. Probably the thing I'm most happy with is the Mike Western Joe Darkie though.

My biggest regret is passing on a really lovely David Lloyd V For Vendetta sketch (this is well before it all blew up with the film etc). This was at the Bedford Hotel in London many years ago. It was offered for £30, I only had £20 in cash on me :(. Oh for a TARDIS.

Trout

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 November, 2023, 02:40:45 PMOh man that is super sexy. I love that. Reminds me I need to update my Self Absorbed Nerd room thread at some point. Just too many boxes of comics for sale on the floor at the moment.

I love to hear about a ordering system. Are you strict in your publisher / title / issue # system? it how I used to do it but now its all a bit more thematic.

Also nice to see even in Marvel corner Metamorpho keeps guard to keep those pesky Marvel titles in check.

MORE PLEASE.

Thanks! I am quite married to that system, although it mainly works because I have some well-used miscellaneous sections that let me avoid tough decisions.

And that Metamorpho book was a surprise hit after I acquired it in a bundle I bought off somebody on FB Marketplace. I plan to hunt down the other issues - it was a mini-series. I also want to read more Metamorpho stories by Bob Haney because he was (a) the character's co-creator and (b) bugfuck mental. Fun!

- Trout

Trout

Quote from: Marbles on 04 November, 2023, 08:15:40 PMMy comics are all in long boxes in the loft sadly. I only have a few GN's and Omnibus's in my 'office' and some original art on the wall, but they all mean a lot to me  :D

Absolutely thrilling stuff there, colonel!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Trout on 05 November, 2023, 09:48:43 PMI also want to read more Metamorpho stories by Bob Haney because he was (a) the character's co-creator and (b) bugfuck mental. Fun!

Also great Ramona Fradon art. Fun series.

Trout

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 05 November, 2023, 10:18:16 PM
Quote from: Trout on 05 November, 2023, 09:48:43 PMI also want to read more Metamorpho stories by Bob Haney because he was (a) the character's co-creator and (b) bugfuck mental. Fun!

Also great Ramona Fradon art. Fun series.

Indeed! The other co-creator. Still drawing at 97!

Proudhuff

Aw some fabby stuff there, I've got boxes of stuff to get rid off and loads to shelf, shirley this winter!!
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Cheeky wee Jack Staff: Everything is Black and White sticking out there, love to see Grist representation in this house.

Trout

I love some Grist. I have issues of the amazing indie comic Lucifer somewhere. That's the Eddie Campbell/Paul Grist book. Top work.

Marbles

I wish Paul Grist would do proper Compendium/Omniboo of his stuff 🙏

Barrington Boots

Christmas shopping for my nephew and how much do I want this:

Lego Optimus Prime
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

The fact that it actually transforms is very impressive!

IndigoPrime

That it exists at all given how much Lego and Hasbro aren't exactly chums is quite something.