Main Menu

Meg 228 (Hit The Deck!)...

Started by ukdane, 10 January, 2005, 02:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

...is out. Free JD Playing cards this month, and the next few months (one suit per month plus a box to keep them in! - not this month).

Glad my Meg/Tooth packages have started turning up Monday morning again :-)
Cheers

-Daney

IndigoPrime

?4.50 cover price, which was less than I was expecting (I assumed it'd be just shy of a fiver, at ?4.95).

Floyd-the-k

ukdane, stop getting things before I do!
 this is racism. or something. Oh well, how was the meg?

DavidXBrunt

How's the Meg? Meg-nigicent. Do you see what I did there.

The cover is both well done and not very appealing at the same time.

Dredd has a lovely opening and although there's probably little new you can do with a Who? story it's fun and I look forwards to the rest of the tale. It's Wagner and Kennedy - what could possibly have gone. Their Dredd collaborations last year were top notch and this looks to be of the same quality.

Shimura - After the necesary baggage of the relaunch story this has great momentum and has some of the supergore that Clarke does so well.

Anderson - Best episode since before 'My name is Death'. Well paced, interesting characters, suitable opportunities for the kind of stuff Ransome does so well. This is another example of an established team turning out the goods.

McNulty - Adding in a few stylistic story telling devices from the 1964 'Culloden' television play by Peter Watkins adds an interesting touch for those geeky enough to recognise it. With the inclusion of characters from the past couple of tales it looks like the story threads are being wound together for a crisis/conclusion. Hopefully this will just be the end of the first chapter of Young Archies life as this series deserves to run and run.

Koburn - A nicely action free storu which introduces potential supporting characters and even if none of them ever return then it'll have been great fun and adds depth the Long Walk scenario.

Bogie Man - Made me laugh. That's enough for me.

Modesty Blaise - Nice new series, and a deserving subject. Well worth checking out the new collections.

The interview - Almost feels compulsively honest and it goes to show it's not all fun in the nerve centre. And MacNiel is to be applauded for his frankness, though he's perhaps being too harsh on his work in places.

Heatseekers - Usual stuff. Some I'll seek out, some I'll avoid. Every f weeks when it comes up Gordons column always makes me laugh. And there's a set up for Wils to take advantage of...

IndigoPrime

I agree with all of that bar Modesty Blaise (which I've not yet read) and McNulty (which I'm rapidly getting tired of).

Dan Kelly

Nice cover from Mr Staples

Who? story seems to be going to script.  Liked the cameo appearances.

Shimura is gorgeous, but then I have always liked Hondo Cit and Shimura as well.  Nice to see the continuity from before.

McNulty also going quite nicely for me.  Is the Falkirk wheel that close to Culloden.  Oh and our company is working on the Culloden Museum.  Oh and another cameo.  What is it this month?

Nice Anderson as always.  Will we see more of what the witches are up to??

Koburn is good fun.  Nufff said.  Same for Bogie.

Heat Seekers, Interview and Modesty to come, apart from Gordon revealing more of the scriptbook.  I hope that the writers are listening.

Good month.  And a few points on the league ;)

Dan

ukdane

Who? Dares Wins was ace, really enjoyed it. Loved the rabid droi... er, creatures.

Another point...

... "Tharg Ennis" WTF kind of name is that?
Cheers

-Daney

Dudlette

"Gordon!  Frazer!  You bad boys, you get back in that case!  Get back in that case or I'll skelp your airses sore!"

BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proudhuff

Everything that DXB says except the cover, loved it! and the cards best gift since the free space flyer.

Just how much Jockish influence is there in the Command module? I'm surprised this issue wasn't wrapped in tartan and had free shortbread in it, I'm even more surprised the native boarders south of the Rio Tweed haven't rose up in revolt.

Huff o' The Jockward Squad.
DDT did a job on me

Trout

HAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

The cards!

Look who's the Queen!

Ah, that's just non-PC offensive joke heaven. Apologies to gay boarders.
Especially the ones who use a cigarette holder.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Oh, and the Meg's great.

- Trout

Will I. Cooling

Let me guess-Devlin?

How witty.*

*Btw, if it is I'm not offended on any PC grounds just the fact that its so creakingly predictable.

Sigh

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Dudley

Trout

You're right. It's not so original. Mostly, I laughed because I couldn't believe they would be so cheeky as to actually do such a thing.

Hurr, hurr, hurr.

Sorry, Will. :-)

- Trout

philt

Charley's War finishes this month...

I suppose next month the reprint will be Death Planet, Colony Earth or Rick Random?

Byron Virgo

"... "Tharg Ennis" WTF kind of name is that?"

It's an anagram of 'Garth Ennis', the second writer to be namechecked in Killodden after the 'Alan Moor' in part one.

"No! You're not to swell to enormous proportions!"