Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Quote from: willthemightyW on 03 May, 2010, 09:32:14 PM
Because I love art, I want a career in comics, but I always here how it's done on computer and graphics tablets and what have you, and I have a graphics tablet, and it's alright but it doesn't look nearly as good as my paper stuff, not to sound arrogant, I didn't mean my paper stuff is amazing I... well you know what I meant, and it spugs.
Don't worry, I have the same problem.

House of Usher

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 April, 2010, 07:34:35 PM

That's not an attractive piece of design, is it? It looks like a medical device or something to do with plumbing. Either way it looks like it should live under the bathroom sink.

It wants modifying by Steampunk prop artists.
STRIKE !!!

Johnny Alpha

...i wont stop gettin older.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: willthemightyW on 03 May, 2010, 09:32:14 PM
Because I love art, I want a career in comics, but I always here how it's done on computer and graphics tablets and what have you, and I have a graphics tablet, and it's alright but it doesn't look nearly as good as my paper stuff, not to sound arrogant, I didn't mean my paper stuff is amazing I... well you know what I meant, and it spugs.

Loads of artists still use paper, pencil, pen and brush. If you can draw and you can hit a deadline, and you're prepared to just keep trying then, in all honesty, there's no reason why you shouldn't make it.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Yep, keep on plugging away willthemightyW. Success really is 10% talent 90% sweat and graft. Practise does indeed make perfect, rehersal is everything.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

willthemightyW

They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

vzzbux

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 04 May, 2010, 01:06:07 PM
Yep, keep on plugging away willthemightyW. Success really is 10% talent 90% sweat and graft. Practise does indeed make perfect, rehersal is everything.

Ahhh shit. I have 99.9% sweat and graft and only .1% talent.

VNP
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

locustsofdeath!

Yesterday would have been Audrey Hepburn's birthday...some people should live forever...

Jim_Campbell

It looks like I've been kicked off the Charmed book I've been told for the last four months I'm an absolute dead cert to letter.

Fucking arse.

Jim

Bolt-01

Ah Jim, that's pants.

And there's me complaining that i've got to spend 'more' money on printing because Zarjaz is selling faster than I thought it would. Sheesh!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 05 May, 2010, 02:10:53 PM
Ah Jim, that's pants.

It's not 100% confirmed yet, but I'd been lobbying the editor for months, got told "yes" and have been reminding him intermittently ever since for fear he'd forget and offer it to someone else. Turns out the writer has a 'preferred' letterer and had already offered him the gig without telling anyone. I've pointed out that this is somewhat unfair, but Zenescope have otherwise been pretty good to me so I've no option other than swallowing my pride if they decide to stand by the decision. :-(

Bah.

Jim

Jim_Campbell

Heh. Should have kept my gob shut -- they've agreed that it would be a bit unfair and put me back on the book. That's my afternoon made up.

Cheers!

Jim

vzzbux

Re-congratulations Jim.

VNP
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

johnnystress

and the hammer blows keep on coming

The missus has crashed her car, insurance company want to write it off, cue 3 more years of payments on a cube of scrap metal

seriously jesus, what have we done to deserve this?

uncle fester

Sorry to hear of your run of bad luck, Johnny. Sending positive vibes from here and hope it gets better for you soon.