Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

While we're on the subject, realization dawned on me today that my productive capability is entirely surplus to requirements given the current state of the economy, and it wouldn't matter to the economy if I died tomorrow. On the contrary, if I did die tomorrow, it would liberate some capital and probably benefit the economy. How depressing. I'm worth more to the economy dead than alive.
:o
STRIKE !!!

Dunk!

Someone, I knew vaguely quite a few years ago, appears to be having the career I always dreamed of, but never got around to putting into practice.

All respect due to them.

Kind of a dark mirror onto working life for me though.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Dandontdare

Quote from: House of Usher on 03 November, 2010, 04:02:06 PM
While we're on the subject, realization dawned on me today that my productive capability is entirely surplus to requirements given the current state of the economy, and it wouldn't matter to the economy if I died tomorrow. On the contrary, if I did die tomorrow, it would liberate some capital and probably benefit the economy. How depressing. I'm worth more to the economy dead than alive.

But all the money you earn for your meaningless toil is spent on books, comics, food, rent, consumer goods, electricity and so on, thereby stimulating the economy and keeping the nation's metaphorical wheels turning.

So be a good drone, have another (heavily taxed) beer, and stop worrying your pretty little head about it.

Peter Wolf

Think about how you are depriving the criminal system of tax revenue.

Anyway the economy is rigged so its not worth worrying about.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

IAMTHESYSTEM

None of us can command the economy to mend itself so it's just a matter of trying to weather the storm.

The new 'Contract Company' came to chat briefly with us yesterday. Seemed ok but the last contracters we had we're basically crooks fiddling the wages paying up one month cutting back or defaulting on full pay the next. You had to keep complaining after them.

We'll find out in a month or so what they're really like. :-\
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

I, Cosh

On the contrary, if I did die tomorrow, it would liberate some capital and probably benefit the economy. How depressing. I'm worth more to the economy dead than alive.
And we could sell the meat.
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

Vince Neil will almost certainly escape being sodomized.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Hoagy

You are K and I claim my 5 Kafkaean Deutzmark.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 04 November, 2010, 01:36:11 AM

Lucky Vince Neil !

I wouldnt want that on my CV.

:D
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

exilewood

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 04 November, 2010, 01:36:11 AM

To say that Vince Neil will almost certainly escape being sodomised; pre-supposeseseses that he has not, in fact, already been sodomised (with an 's'...maybe with a 'z'. I'm sure he's had it in the ear before) which is blatantly untrue.

Should you require furthur evidence of this, please send by pre-paid envelope, a photograph of your mother, a drowsy Denver afternoon & the best minds of your generation destroyed by madness, to the foolowing address -

Mrs. S. Dedalus
12 & 35 Burnt Norton Street
Desolation Row
The Land of Laughs.

worldshown

Just came home from work to find a text from my sister saying that we're not all going out on Sunday as she has just split from her husband.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Bolt-01

... The Bolt-mobile, my mighty place machine, is dying.

The repaires required to get the engine back into working order (She runs but is misfiring) will cost more than she is now worth.

Steps are being taken to try to find a worthy replacement.

I, Cosh

Hearing the familiar rustle and flap of an early morning postal delivery, I leapt wholeheartedly from my place of repose. With Jack Frost nibbling at my chookies, I snatched up the shiny A4 envelope and was back in bed in a single bound. Only then did I apprehend the hellish truth. It was not a Prog I had braved the ferocious Northern cold to retrieve but a fucking Virgin cable circular. Bah.
We never really die.