Main Menu

Doing something Zarjaz...

Started by +rufus+, 14 April, 2009, 07:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flip-r mk2

I started last year, just after my 40th birthday,   I donated 3 times last year and got a wee '3 times a date '08' badge, Which was nice.
They also have Taxi biscuits at the Bonnybridge donating centre ,   which is another reason i go.

flip :D  mmm biscuits
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

House of Usher

Quote from: "JayzusB.Christ"Having gay sex within the past year (male only, I suppose).
Having sex with a prostitute at any point of your life.
It's the other way round: not if you've had sex with a prostitute within the past year;
and not if you're a man who's ever had gay sex at any point in your life (even oral, even with a condom, and even oral with a condom).
Nor if you have ever received a blood transfusion.
Nor if you've received human growth hormone.
Nor if you've had sex abroad in a country where HIV is rife.
If you've ever been a prostitute or used recreational drugs intravenously.
If you've ever been infected with a variety of diseases; or if you've been infected with other illnesses within the past year.

However, they're still happy to take blood donations from heterosexuals who engage in unprotected sex with any partner of the opposite sex they happen to end up in bed with after a drunken Friday night on the town, and women who have had unprotected sex with a man who previously had unprotected sex with another man more than 12 months previously.
STRIKE !!!

Devons Daddy

i formerly gave blood three times a year i think it was,
i live in SE asia so it was allowed,
fully volunteering each time, felt it was important.

then i found out they charge for the blood here! so i gave as civic minded doing the right thing, and found after it was being sold for a profit! i was outraged and stopped offering my service.

if i where in the uk, i would offer regulary,though i am now precluded from doing so due to the meds after my recent cancelled appointment with the guy in the hood and holding the sycth.which did bring me back here on a regular basis.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dunk!

Being ill over the last 10 years and having innumerable blood tests has removed my fear of needles, just at the moment my blood becomes a bio-hazard and I can't give it.

Bollux!
"Trust we"

Peter Wolf

"However, they're still happy to take blood donations from heterosexuals who engage in unprotected sex with any partner of the opposite sex they happen to end up in bed with after a drunken Friday night on the town, and women who have had unprotected sex with a man who previously had unprotected sex with another man more than 12 months previously."

That really inspires confidence in receiving someone elses blood but its probably screened first.

I have a bit of a phobia about giving blood [not because of needles] and have never done it.I cant imagine who would want my blood in them plus i dont even know what blood type i am anyway.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

the shutdown man

I've never given blood. I've kinda gotten used to having needles in me, so it's not that, but there's something about sitting there while blood pumps out of me into a bag that I can't quite get past.

My dad was always good for it though. He got a pin from the blood board after giving 50 pints, or something like that.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Satanist

I give about 3 times a year when the blood bus comes to my work. Half an hour away from the office, have a lie down and chocky biscuit at the end of it? I'm there.

My first memory of giving blood was filling in the form of dos and don'ts. Next to the Homosexual acts question was a wee picture of a man with handlebar moustache and cap next to an almost identical man.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

SamuelAWilkinson

I'd add my support to this fine cause - I bleed into a bag whenever I get the chance, and it's a fine way to give yourself that warm glow (and biscuits).

Also handy for impressing any young ladies present who will be both approving of your selfless actions and also possibly somewhat lightheaded from donating themselves, thereby less likely to see what an otherwise poor catch you are.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Devons Daddy

QuoteAlso handy for impressing any young ladies present who will be both approving of your selfless actions and also possibly somewhat lightheaded from donating themselves, thereby less likely to see what an otherwise poor catch you are.

must admit that was a factor when i was younger.
but to any considering, its a selfless act, and makes a differnce yellow belly cowards such as us will rarely get.
sometimes they even have attractive nurses on hand. chocolate biscuits and cups of tea,
what more could you ask for.

go on GIVE BLOOD!
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!