Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle fester

Hurrah! I love Total Wipeout! Here's to hoping you're on it, CF!

Van Dom

Great stuff, hope you make it on! You'll have to wear a 2000ad t-shirt! :)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Dandontdare

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 March, 2010, 01:49:59 PM
I just filled out an application form for that BBC show 'Total Wipeout' and you have to go along to auditions if selected, AUDITIONS, that's me buggered then

It seems to me from watching it is that the way to get chosen is to act like a loud-mouthed self-deluded idiot, preferably with a twattish slogan and/or gesture that you can shout repeatedly. Loads of whoops and YEAHs also seem mandatory.

Oh and if you get a chance, give that Hammond a slap for me. Cheers.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 02 March, 2010, 04:11:22 PM
It seems to me from watching it is that the way to get chosen is to act like a loud-mouthed self-deluded idiot, preferably with a twattish slogan and/or gesture that you can shout repeatedly.

It's a sure thing!  ;)

Peter Wolf

Not sure if this is in the wrong thread .Its too early to tell.

I let a friend of mine park their 4WD outside my house on the piece of land that is collectively owed by the Mews i live in.This space or piece of land since it is owned by the residents is private property so therefore the council have no jurisdiction over it with the issuance of parking fines and charges of illegal parking so any vehicle parked on this space is technically off the road.The 4WD is untaxed and SORN registered.

Of course the councils petty little revenue collectors dont see it this way and ticketed the vehicle and were also going to tow the car away due to the fact thats its untaxed.I found this out this afternoon and it meant a whole lot of running around and phone calls and a visit to the town hall because the useless cunts wont answer their telephone.I was very unhappy to say the least.

I got through to them on a direct number that i was given and i have to call them back in the morning to determine the ownership of the land .The council just assumed that it was their land when its not so this could potentially become a dispute over ownership of land but i will not back down on this.

I also reminded the council that i was quite happy to go to the police and report an attempted theft of private property off private property and trespass and the rest which changed their minds a bit.

Its just unbelievable because others have parked on this land before and its never been a problem but as soon as i do something to help someone else it all backfires and causes a load of hassle that should NEVER have happened in the first place.

In short they have messed with someone that they shouldnt have. >:( >:(
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mike Gloady

Peter,

Don't get me wrong here, I don't wish you ill - but if they HAVE to go and fuck with someone (and being council morons, they seem to have this compulsion) you are PRECISELY the fucker I want them to screw with.  You'll make them regret it where other people would roll-over, leave it be and pay up for a quiet life.

I'm glad they picked you, because you'll sort them out.  Sorry it has to happen in the first place though.  Well done mate.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 02 March, 2010, 06:09:23 PM
Peter,

Don't get me wrong here, I don't wish you ill - but if they HAVE to go and fuck with someone (and being council morons, they seem to have this compulsion) you are PRECISELY the fucker I want them to screw with.  You'll make them regret it where other people would roll-over, leave it be and pay up for a quiet life.

I'm glad they picked you, because you'll sort them out.  Sorry it has to happen in the first place though.  Well done mate.

I dont feel that i have any choice.Its understandable that it was an oversight but they will have to admit that they are wrong which to be fair they said that they would be perfectly happy to do.I was polite to them as well.

What made it annoying though was there was a notice in the windscreen of the car asking them to enquire here if there was a problem and it was very clearly worded.They saw this notice as they couldnt miss it as they stuck their ticket under the wiper but they chose to blatantly ignore it.

I wont get my time back or get any compensation for the stress this has caused but i wont suffer idiots.I just wont do it.

It would have been fun  :D if someone had arrived to *attempt* to tow the car away as i would have prevented that from happening but the car has been moved elsewhere temporarily.That was to  waste their time and to prevent sods law from having them show up and tow it when my back is turned.

uncle fester

Well done for standing your ground, Peter. Though would it be fair to suggest that perhaps one of your neighbours brought it to their attention in the first place?

Dandontdare

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 02 March, 2010, 06:39:19 PM
the car has been moved elsewhere temporarily.

I hope it was properly taxed and insured before it was moved onto, or via, a public road! (ducks)

To play devil's advocate, we get a load of problems round my estate with untaxed cars and vans that seem to be permanently parked up on any spare bit of concrete - the owners always claim it's "off road", but unless it's privately owned land, I'm not sure if this holds water. Lots of them are converted hippy-vans that may disappear from time to time in the festival season, but are a permanent fixture over winter. One car was there for so long it was spray painted silver and turned into an art installation!

Add to this people who park up and walk into the centre or to work in nearby offices, and it becomes very hard for people who actually live here and need to park to find any space. I suppose resident parking permits are the only answer.

Mike Gloady

Maybe.  Although I've always felt that if you own a place, or rent one for that matter, you ought ot be entitled to park your own vehicle outside your own place if there's space.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: uncle fester on 02 March, 2010, 06:50:04 PM
Well done for standing your ground, Peter. Though would it be fair to suggest that perhaps one of your neighbours brought it to their attention in the first place?

Its a controlled parking area around here with residents parking and meters and revenue collectors buzzing around all day and night.

Quote from: Dandontdare on 02 March, 2010, 06:57:23 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 02 March, 2010, 06:39:19 PM
the car has been moved elsewhere temporarily.

I hope it was properly taxed and insured before it was moved onto, or via, a public road! (ducks)

To play devil's advocate, we get a load of problems round my estate with untaxed cars and vans that seem to be permanently parked up on any spare bit of concrete - the owners always claim it's "off road", but unless it's privately owned land, I'm not sure if this holds water. Lots of them are converted hippy-vans that may disappear from time to time in the festival season, but are a permanent fixture over winter. One car was there for so long it was spray painted silver and turned into an art installation!

The car has been parked not too far from here in somewhere that is off the road and out of the controlled parking zone that is very quiet.There wasnt much else we could do.

I see your point.In this instance this bit of land is never parked on by residents or otherwise and there are our own signs on the wall requesting that residents dont park on it because its private so they never do apart from the odd short stay which isnt a problem.Visitors to here use it and mostly for short stays and only one car has been ticketed in  about 5 years.

The 4WD was only going to be parked outside here for 2 - 3 days until it was insured and then MOTed and taxed.

I have also had problems with another resident in the mews behind over parking but this has been resolved now [we share the space as in they park on it as well even though its not their property] and we have good relations but i am tired of disputes over a poxy bit of land that is the size of a car when really its none of their fucking business especially the council.This plot of land used to be a garden/flowerbed type thing that was removed and tarmaced over by us so it never was part of a footpath or council owned so they can hardly claim that it was.You can clearly see the outline of it.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 02 March, 2010, 07:11:52 PM
Maybe.  Although I've always felt that if you own a place, or rent one for that matter, you ought ot be entitled to park your own vehicle outside your own place if there's space.

But if someone spots a space outside their block, sticks their van on it and doesn't move it for a couple of years, that space is never available for all the other residents of that block!

And don't get me started on those little napoleons who feel they have a god-given right to park immediately outside their own door, and put out cones when they're not there. I'm always tempted to choose that spot even if there are others available. It's not your street, asshole, you don't get to reserve a spot. Even if you're entitled to have a disabled bay painted outside your house, it's not your own personal parking space, it's available for anyone with a disabled badge (though I do have  little more sympathy if that's the case!)

Mike Gloady

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm quite enjoying parking up the street and guess what! These last two days I have never seen so few cars parked in the bays down the bottom of our street. It seems that most people did what I did and said 'Fuck off' to the council and didn't pay the £25 to park down the bottom of the street and are now parking up the top of the street where there are NO bays :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: