Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

dont know what she did think it was the computer manufaturers factory default reset thingy (cant you tell i know a lot about computers?) luckily i think we have hard copies of most of the photos but unless i can get the stuff back have lost the cute videos of mini dancing to s club 7!

i really hate computers

mogzilla

...oh and my cursor keeps translating everything into spanish mexican and all.? hw do i stop it?

Banners

Quote from: mogzilla...but unless i can get the stuff back have lost the cute videos of mini dancing to s club 7!

Try the recover tools. As long as the files haven't been written over yet, you should be okay to retrieve them. To that end, refrain from installing anything major or saving any big files until you have tried these tools.

As for the cursor changing the language, I have no idea, sorry.

M@

Peter Wolf

Quote from: mogzilla on 05 July, 2010, 11:46:04 PM
...oh and my cursor keeps translating everything into spanish mexican and all.? hw do i stop it?

The Microsoft software update must be one that has been created for the United States.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: mogzilla on 05 July, 2010, 11:38:17 PM
dont know what she did think it was the computer manufaturers factory default reset thingy (cant you tell i know a lot about computers?) luckily i think we have hard copies of most of the photos but unless i can get the stuff back have lost the cute videos of mini dancing to s club 7!

i really hate computers

you have lerent a lesson its allways a good ider to back your files up on a externil harddrive I lerent that lession the hard way my self.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Tiplodocus

Teenage Tips stoodf on his laptop and broke the screen.

Cheaper than getting it fixed, we just got a monitor to plug in.  It worked fine for a while but now just goes into Power Saving Mode (same happens when we plug it into our PC).

So I foresee a night of me on the internet trying to find out exactly which obscurely hidden software settings I need to change to be able to get the new monitor out of power saving more.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Banners

Quote from: Tiplodocusbut now just goes into Power Saving Mode...

Take the battery out, it'll be fine.

M@

House of Usher

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 07 July, 2010, 01:27:36 PM
Teenage Tips stoodf on his laptop and broke the screen.

I wouldn't have thought a laptop would give much of a height advantage..!
STRIKE !!!

Proudhuff

Quote from: mogzilla on 05 July, 2010, 11:46:04 PM

I was getting that on a work PC, if you click on the box that appears with the translation in it, and sroll down you get options to switch it off
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

It's the Yap Shop's first birthday party tonight. John Wagner's going to try and turn up. Pat Mills, too. Rob Williams is coming. Possibilities on Ian Gibson and Dave Gibbons. And it's all free.

I'm currently cacking myself in case nobody turns up. Follow the link in my sig if you fancy it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Sharky- sorry I won't be able to join you tonight- but that sounds like an utter blast.

Have fun kids!

Peter Wolf

Rude and obnoxious people who just dont know when to shut their mouths even when its for their own good just like annoying little yapping dogs.I wont bother with anecdotes but TWICE in the last week [one of these instances was 1 hour ago] i have been forced to raise my voice [which i hate doing] and put them back in their place as i have a short fuse and i dont like provocation and i am still wound up right now.
>:(

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 08 July, 2010, 11:02:01 AM
My peridium (sic?) is on fire.

"The covering of the spore- bearing organ in many fungi."  Intriguing.  And revealing.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 08 July, 2010, 11:02:01 AM
My peridium (sic?) is on fire.

I think you mesan perineum (Or Banus, Taint, Vanilla Strip)

and ouch  :o.