Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Rog69 on 10 September, 2010, 10:35:21 PM
My wife commented tonight on the butterfly that was drawn on my four year old daughter's magnetic drawing pad, saying how good she is getting and that you can actually tell what it is that she is trying to draw most of the time now.

I drew the bloody thing  :-[.

This is the funniest thing I've read in months p.s. it also made my mum laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteThis is the funniest thing I've read in months

I'll second that. Classic!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Banners

Having to convert 6807 music files from .wma to .mp3. Bugger.

M@

I, Cosh

I let this morning's weather forecast stop me going to Leuchars. Which is two impediments for the price of one as it meant I was up early on a Saturday for nothing.

Also, I don't know where to buy a feather duster (or similar synthetic substitute) as none of the supermarkets seem to have such a product.
We never really die.

vzzbux

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 11 September, 2010, 01:23:11 AM
Quote from: Rog69 on 10 September, 2010, 10:35:21 PM
My wife commented tonight on the butterfly that was drawn on my four year old daughter's magnetic drawing pad, saying how good she is getting and that you can actually tell what it is that she is trying to draw most of the time now.

I drew the bloody thing  :-[.

This is the funniest thing I've read in months p.s. it also made my mum laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Even funnier is the image of you and your mother looking over your shoulder as you peruse this site.
Life in the cyber household.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Albion

A group of ten of us went out for a curry last night. Table was booked in advance. It wasn't packed when we arrived but got very busy as the night went on.
We arrived at 7.30 and didn't get any food until 10.00!

We kept asking where our food was and kept getting told "Sorry, we are very busy".
I had a similar experience at another place a while back and waited for one and a half hours, I'm sure some of these places are doing a lot of takeaways and don't concentrate on the diners in the restaurant.

At the end a rather feisty female in our party complained very loudly and got us a 25% discount. None of us will be going there again.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

House of Usher

That is pathetic. I'm furious even on your behalf. In a large group you're a bit stuck. If there were even only four of you you'd have given up after an hour and gone elsewhere, I'm sure.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

I might have let them get away with 45 mins but only if they were busy. You should have smashed the place up, only kidding  ;)

Albion

Quote from: House of Usher on 12 September, 2010, 11:33:51 AMIf there were even only four of you you'd have given up after an hour and gone elsewhere, I'm sure.

Absolutely right. Some of us were thinking of doing that. The attitude of the staff was poor too, they didn't seem to be too concerned as to why we were getting so pissed off.

At one point they offered us a free bottle of wine. One bottle that probably cost them about £3 between ten of us. When we said that wasn't good enough and we didn't want it they said "You can take it home". Idiots.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Rog69

I had a similar experience recently, we waited almost 2 hours between starters and main, in the end we all told the waiter that we wouldn't be ordering any more drinks until the food arrived, which had a miraculous effect.

I, Cosh

Yeah. This is classic Indian restaurant tactics: big group of lads will keep buying lager. Rog's strategy sounds a good one but hard to orchestrate.
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

I would have gone spare waiting 2.5hours to eat drink or no drink.

I would have had to have a quiet word with those responsible.......

"In the meantime we would like 100 pints of Lager and 4 Popadums..."
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

Self-titled albums are bad enough. But when it's not even your debut?

When it's your fourth album?

You guys just lost yourselves a sale.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 12 September, 2010, 09:39:02 PM
"In the meantime we would like 100 pints of Lager and 4 Popadums..."

"...and the finest wines available to humanity!"
STRIKE !!!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 12 September, 2010, 09:51:22 PM
Self-titled albums are bad enough. But when it's not even your debut?

When it's your fourth album?

You guys just lost yourselves a sale.

Tell that to Peter Gabriel.