Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Dandontdare

the fact that I now need glasses is a sign of encroaching old age, but I'm not that far gone yet!

Banners

Spent all day trying to fix a broken page on a new website due to go live any moment. Nothing I was doing was having any effect on the site at all, and I was completely stumped and very angry and frustrated.

I realised just five minutes ago that I'd been uploading the new code to the wrong damn folder on the server. What a waste of emotion and effort.

Ghnananaghaghanaahhhh!!!

M@

Peter Wolf

I am 99 percent that i have lost 24,000 quids worth of work.Ok it was never guaranteed that my tender had been accepted as i was the most expensive out of the 3 that were invited to tender but what fucking pisses me off is the fact that the project was being handled by a surveyor who told me very clearly that i would be notified by formally by letter if my tender had been accepted or if it hadnt but so far i have heard fuck all and on my way home i see scaffolding going up and i dont know WTF is going on ???.

Unless its a situation where the surveyor handling the project doesnt know what is going on i fucking expect to be notified one way or the other because i am trying to plan my fucking life !!.

This situation is very very far from being satisfactory and i am fucking pissed off about it.

In the morning when i make a phone call to the surveyor i expect to find out more......

I am so fucked off with it all and the fucked system i have to live in and you try and get ahead and its one step forward and two steps backwards i sometimes wonder why the fuck i bother with it all and all the fucking time and effort i put into trying to generate work is all fucking wasted.

Fuck It All.

Useless fucking Lackadaisical Cunts.

>:( >:(

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

worldshown

Came home from work to find armed police blocking off one end of my street.

House of Usher

I was looking forward to hearing Pendulum in the Live Lounge on Radio 1 after Fearne Cotton had been building it up all week, but just before it went out on air we finished the job we were working on and got moved to a workshop at the other end of the site, where they were listening to Real Radio.

I'll now have to catch up with it on the internet, which will require actual effort and I won't get paid for the time spent listening to it.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Quote from: worldshown on 22 September, 2010, 06:05:26 PM

Do you have to go round the block and go in the other end then?
STRIKE !!!

worldshown

Came in the other end anyway.

Seems to have scaled down now. There's only a police car and a van there and the armed officer doesn't seem to be around anymore.

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Hoagy

118 have decided to ruin the concentration re-alignment on the way out of and into film instalments between adverts.

Its like they' ve added on to the distracting, catchy Ghostbuster theme with even more garish, attention seeking, lyric replacement alongside shit uses for 118 ideas. Look. I've even done some of their fucking work for them via my complaint. This may be promoted to "Life Spugs."
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 22 September, 2010, 06:06:40 PM

Do you have to go round the block and go in the other end then?

It sounds like the Keystone Cops.Why not block both ends ??

:lol: ::)

Quote from: worldshown on 22 September, 2010, 06:12:49 PM
Came in the other end anyway.

Seems to have scaled down now. There's only a police car and a van there and the armed officer doesn't seem to be around anymore.

I expect whoever the police were after left the same way.Thats what i would have done if i was in that situation.

Cyberleader2000

Ok so after the last weak I've been going thro a stack of new figures and toys I've had building up the past year and was so pleased to be getting to open my alien and predator and no sooner than 5 minutes after I get it out of the packaging the arm joint at the elbow just falls apart not broke it just falls off and I'm very annoyed as the predator was free but the alien was the whole reason I bought the bog off deal and the alien cost me £14.99 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

House of Usher

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 September, 2010, 01:12:37 AM
It sounds like the Keystone Cops.Why not block both ends ??

Reading between the lines, I suspect the police cordon was intended to stop anyone entering another street from the end of Worldshown's street, rather than to prevent Worldshown getting home.

;)
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Today i was cycling through a sidestreet in Hove and a siver BMW pulled out from its parked position and drove right in my path so i said "WTF ARE YOU DOING ??" and the driver said "I am trying to say hello !" and i thought  :-\ and then realised it was someone i know and i thought "Oh Shit......".The driver of the car then drove off and then i chased them on the bike and caught up and i apologised and then we stopped and chatted for a bit about the state of the economy so it was alright in the end.

It turns out certain people i know of as they are not friends have lost everything in the recession as they were property developer types.Completely bankrupt and the bank took the lot.

House of Usher

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 September, 2010, 06:45:10 PM
It turns out certain people i know of as they are not friends have lost everything in the recession as they were property developer types.Completely bankrupt and the bank took the lot.

There must be a lesson there about not expanding too quickly, and knowing when to stop. Surely? Once you've made a pile as a property developer it might be a good idea to restrict new developments to one at a time projects that won't ruin you if you can't sell them.

Just a thought. I've never been a property mogul, so I could be wrong. Maybe the way forward actually is to continually plough everything you've got into more and bigger developments and keep your fingers crossed that the property market continues to boom and doesn't suddenly contract?
STRIKE !!!