Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Noisybast

From experience, I'd start looking now, Worldshown.
Bad news, man. Hope you get it sorted quickly, one way or another.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Roger Godpleton

I sliced my left index finger open when I misjudged the extent of crustyness that a mini-baguette from the Co-op's "Cuisine de France" range of baked breads and baked cakes would have and thus the knife went through the bread and into my finger. I was, in all likelihood, also holding it at a somewhat awkward angle.

Blood went everywhere when I tried other palliatives that were not saliva so I had to clean up blood even as I was bleeding. I still got my mini-baguette as I put it on a plate (although it might have been a wooden chopping board) for me to slice and I was able to apply margarine to a reasonable standard considering I essentially only had one and a half hands. I did not get blood on my bread.

After extensive mouth-dwelling, the cut stopped bleeding but presently I am feeling somewhat light-headed although this may (as is always a possibility in our postmodern milieu) be Pavlovian.

Mike Gloady.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Richmond Clements

I was supposed to be interviewing a Big Name writer, who was well p for it, but their publisher said we couldn't do it...

Keef Monkey

Quote from: worldshown on 26 October, 2010, 07:25:09 PM
Four weeks ago, I was told that my contract in work was going to be extended for another two months. Unfortunately, I didn't get anything in writing.

My colleague, on the same contract, has just tried to book November the 5th off for his birthday and been told "You won't be working for us then". It turns out that HR (or People Services or whatever they've elected to call themselves this week) haven't dealt with the paperwork for extending temps contracts. This affects at least four departments.

If it's not sorted by Friday afternoon, I'll be looking for another job.

Something similar happened to me in my last job, we'd verbally been told we'd be good for another year or so, but no extensions appeared and we were out on the street! They did call me a couple of months later offering a contract, but by that point I was feeling a bit sore about it and had made other plans so turned it down. Employers seem to forget that when it comes to contracts they're messing your whole life around, even if it doesn't seem that big a deal to them. Hope it works out for you or that you at least find more work soon!

Peter Wolf

The clocks are going backwards by 1 hour.

I wish this wouldnt happen but it males me laugh when everyone says "Oh but you get an extra hour of daylight!".

You dont get an extra hour of daylight at all.

What a ridulous lot of nonsense.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Noisybast

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Noisybast on 30 October, 2010, 03:31:45 PM
Doesn't that depend on what time you get up?

I think its moving the daylight backwards by one hour but its not an extra hour.

Or something like that but its a pain because as i work outside it means i have to get up one hour earlier but i wish it was stay as BST all year round.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

I thought I would open a nice bottle of red for the missus and so grabbed one from the rack. The bloody cork broke in two so I had to fart about pushing the bugger in and decanting through a coffee filter, what a fiasco ::)

BUT it doesn't end there folks!
I somehow managed to throw a load all over a white curtain (now in the wash), my jeans, my boots and the floor (luckily it's tiled). I still can't figure out how on earth I did it. So much for a relaxing evening  :-[

vzzbux

While making sweet love to the missus this weekend (bear with me on this) I brought her to a huge climax big enough that she literally thought she was having a heart attack. She was panicking and I put it down to hyperventilation. I got her a cool glass of water and calmed her down, inwardly I got quite concerned but didn't show it. My ego grew tenfold I can tell you.
The pain in her chest carried on through yesterday so she went to the doctors this morning.
It appears she is suffering from Costochondritis and hasn't a clue how it could have happened, It may have occurred weeks ago and has gradually got worse.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Er,well I hope your good lady recovers from her nasty sounding prang. I'm unable to match vzzbux's House of fun but, co workers?!

When they don't appear for work AGAIN , leaving you to cover for them isn't it a damn pisser? 
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Christov

I fear I'm losing my spacial awareness. I've been dropping, fumbling, and walking into things for a few days now.

Noisybast

I've been a clumsy spaz from a very early age, and it does seem to get worse as time goes by.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 30 October, 2010, 07:04:48 PM
I somehow managed to throw a load all over a white curtain (now in the wash)

Hope that comes out, it can be such a stubborn stain!