Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

As I watch the blizzard outside, I'm becoming increasingly convinced that one of my colleague's unbelievably s-l-o-o-o-w work today is a ploy to ensure that we get snowed into this horrid office over Christmas so that she can murder me with an axe.   I'd planned to get out of here by 12, and I'm only waiting on her so that I can  lock up.   On the other hand  all work and no play make TB a dull boy all work and no play make TB a dull boy all work and no play make TB a dull boy... or should that be "black snow will fall forever"? 

Peter Wolf

I have spent all afternoon going round shops not being able to find what i went out to the shops for.Useless.

Another thing i have been looking for is low energy LED lightbulbs.I mean the type that replace incandescent lightbulbs as i have an aversion to low energy CFL lightbulbs and i wont have them in the house as they are unhealthy and give off a horrible quality of light.Yet more Crap that the govt imposes on everyone.It seems like there is no choice whatsoever unless i buy online.I found some low energy halogen lightbulbs which will suffice for the time being.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Brigantian

Quote from: strontium71 on 22 December, 2010, 07:01:35 PM
Ha exactly the same with my DFS delivery - shoulda seen their faces when they pulled in and I told them I was 3 floors up! My God , you'd think I'd just asked to suck 'em off as a freebie!!
Good grief that's quite a tip you were willing to make.

Keef Monkey

Well, Couch Debacle 2010 rages on. When we called that night to find out the score we were told it would be with us within the hour. It wasn't.

They then told us it would be delivered this morning. It wasn't.

They then told me they would call tonight to arrange a date. They did! For New Years Eve, which sounded all sorts of great to me.

Unfortunately they booked another 30ft truck before reading the notes on the order so called back immediately to cancel it again. Apparently they're now going to call me tomorrow to arrange delivery some time next year. Hopefully.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 23 December, 2010, 08:24:10 PM
Well, Couch Debacle 2010 rages on. When we called that night to find out the score we were told it would be with us within the hour. It wasn't.

They then told us it would be delivered this morning. It wasn't.

They then told me they would call tonight to arrange a date. They did! For New Years Eve, which sounded all sorts of great to me.

Unfortunately they booked another 30ft truck before reading the notes on the order so called back immediately to cancel it again. Apparently they're now going to call me tomorrow to arrange delivery some time next year. Hopefully.

Disgraceful.

They sound like dipshits to me and i would have lost patience with them by now.

lackey

went into hospital to see the fracture clinic about my leg, it turns out its actuay worse than originally thought, so i was admitted into hospital care straight away, and i was prepped for a operation. then i waited. it took two days of constant waiting, filling my trousers and general unpleasantness (i wasnt able to eat, drink or go for a ciggy in 27 hours).
after the two day wait,iv been told when il get the operation. monday. atleast iv got a weekend pass, so im home for xmas and boxing day. just sucks iv asted two days focusing on how awesome food drink and ciggys are. ohh, and its about time, so merry xmas!!!!!!

COMMANDO FORCES

Bloody stereo died this morning, just spent an undisclosed period of time ripping it apart to get the thing to work. Thank God brute force works wonders, as we can now play our Christmas CD's.

SmallBlueThing

The cupboard shelf that holds all the plates broke in the night- causing all the plates to crash down onto the cups and glasses.
Shit.
SBT

M.I.K.

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 25 December, 2010, 10:42:01 AM
The cupboard shelf that holds all the plates broke in the night- causing all the plates to crash down onto the cups and glasses.
Shit.
SBT

Probably caused by sleigh-landing vibrations. I'd sue.

Peter Wolf

I was supposed to be meeting a friend today but unfortunately the friend emailed their mobile no wrongly as it is not being recognised after dialling it which is a complete pain as i cant make contact so therefore i cant go anywhere to meet up.

This is the kind of thing i get tired of as its not really that difficult to memorise your own phone number correctly and write it down correctly.I have tried calling others who would have the correct number but of course they are not answering the calls.

Fucking useless. >:(

Mikey

37 hours, 17 minutes, 14 seconds. Level 21 character.

Now New Vegas decides I can no longer look up, down, or turn around. Fuck sake!

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Jared Katooie

A real pro could keep going without little luxuries like those.

Recently, my mouse broke in the middle of a TF2 session. But I didn't back down, I just switched to my Wacom tablet and charged back into battle, spinning around in circles and firing continuously.

Peter Wolf

DVD region coding

I have yet to hear a convincing reasonable argument for the existence of region coding.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack