Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

worldshown

Work have just asked me to prove what I was doing between the 7th of February 2088 and the 20th of April 2010.

I can't think of a suitable answer that doesn't involve a Tardis, a Delorean or an Einstein-Rosen bridge.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

worldshown

That probably would stop them asking any further questions, Roger.

Directly, in any case.

House of Usher

Quote from: worldshown on 01 March, 2011, 06:19:46 PM
Work have just asked me to prove what I was doing between the 7th of February 2088 and the 20th of April 2010.

Sounds sinister even with the correct dates. What's it to them anyway?
STRIKE !!!

worldshown

It's the joy of working in financial services. You have to prove that you weren't a crook before you joined them.

TordelBack

Quote from: worldshown on 01 March, 2011, 07:22:14 PM
It's the joy of working in financial services. You have to prove that you weren't a crook before you joined them.

They like a blank canvass to work with, eh?

Colin Zeal

Yesterday I went into a bookshop and saw Case Files 17 and Greysuit trades. Only after buying them and walking down the street did i remember that this leaves me with nothing to buy at the meet on Saturday (although I'll find something) and I've also paid full price for them when even Forbidden Planet would have had a few quid off. Silly Colin.

Roger Godpleton

Opened up my package from the 'zon and the book I had purchased had a yellow post-it with "P18" affixed to the front cover.

The book is Dash Shaw's "Unclothed Man..." You need this.

Roger Godpleton

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Rog69

My oldest daughter decided that she would wake everybody up about once every hour last night and make unreasonable demands for drinks and food and for the witches and various other supernatural creatures to be removed from her room.

She then decided that 5.30 AM was a good time to get up and drag me downstairs and make me watch Spongebob. Naturally all this has made us both tired, uncooperative and stroppy and an absolute joy to be with.

COMMANDO FORCES

After I left Peter Wolf at Victoria I went to see what platform the 21:37 train back home was on, only to find that it was cancelled, so I had to wait for the 22:07. No big deal I thought but the worst was still to come.

I relaxed on a seat as the carriage filled up with quite a few people. I had a look round and saw it was an average bunch of people. This was until we stopped at Bromley, when the drunks and partygoers joined us.

Anyway, three girls sat one row down and across from me, all dolled up and heading to Maidstone for the nightlife. They happily chatted away and then the shits came into the carriage, three loud twats trying to pick the girls up with the strangest method I had ever heard. Whilst they were doing this I noticed that they had clocked my badge on the troop rugby top I was wearing, so they knew what I was!

I sat there while the drunks became more and more disgusting with their chosen phrases and words used. Let's just say I thought it was well out of order and the girls just giggled away but looked a bit nervous (these lads were probably early 20's). I was wondering if yet again I would have to intervene and all hell would kick off.

All of a sudden the two ladies in front of me (I didn't even know anyone was there) asked them to stop their foul tirade in a polite manner. The comeback was unbelievable "Why don't you fuck off down there you stupid c**ts" followed by even louder and more crude suggestions.

At this stage I was thinking, fucking hell John you are gonna have to intervene and sod what might happen. If it all kicks off then surely the rest of the blokes in the carriage will help out. I knew that the two ladies must have wondered why no one else was helping them out as it was horrible.

Bollocks! I stood up and said something along the lines of "Oi, come on now, you're not in a train full of men only. These two ladies have asked you to stop and only after quite a long time of foul and abusive language. There's no need for it!"

Here it comes I thought, get ready for the abuse followed by the fight but no I was stunned.
"Sorry mate, you're right, we'll stop it"  :o :o :o :o :o :o

The two ladies turned around and thanked me, as I was wondering what shit would happen as we bloody well all got off at Maidstone. Amazingly nothing happened and I went home with a smile on my face.

BUT, yet again I have felt obliged to step in when many others have done nothing. I tell you, this is the way I am gonna leave this mortal coil  ::)

vzzbux

Good on you CF.
I think that the past 10 years has given the armed forces renewed respect amongst the younger generation. There cant be many youth's that haven't had friends/family currently or recently in the forces and there are so many who have been maimed, which the media should concentrate more on but don't. It is a bad time at the moment and with the Black Watch supposedly on stand by for Lybia (another oil rich country) it can only get worse. [/Rant]

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

Good man, CF, if only there were more like you.  I was half expecting a re-run of the Lone-Gurkha-versus-40-Rapists incident, but I think it probably turned out for the best.