Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Colin Zeal

The guy who sits at the desk next to me at work is constantly cracking his knuckles. My word it's annoying.

Rog69

Work now owe me almost £500 in unpaid expenses, the twats have been fobbing me off for weeks saying that they are being processed but have now finally admitted that they have lost them and I need to start the whole sorry, drawn out process of claiming them from scratch.

I am about to go away with work for another 2 weeks and will probably run up another £1500 on top of that, cue more misery trying to get it paid back.

The Legendary Shark

Stay home and tell them you lost the instructions telling you to go away.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Darren Stephens

After a minor car accident about 3 weeks ago, the insurance company now tell me my car is a 'Class C Write-off'. The damage didn't look too bad to me, so I may look into getting it repaired myself, if possible. Anyone with any experiance of such matters...? :(
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

COMMANDO FORCES

Would that not make your car uninsurable though, just a thought!

worldshown

Underwriting head on...

Category C means that the insurance company do not believe that it is economical for them to repair the car. If you request the salvage and repair the vehicle yourself it will be insurable, though check with the insurers if they would require sight of a new MOT following repairs. Most insurers will accept category C.

Category A (desctruction required) and Category B (spares only) are the uninsurable ones.

Darren Stephens

Yep.  The repair centre have said its OK to drive, but unsecurable, as the boot no longer locks. It looks like I may scrap the bleeder and get another anyway. Put the grand or so they have given me towards something else.  Maybe get part finance? ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

mogzilla

our recliner broke ages ago ,a wire came out at the bottom of the motor so we contacted the insurance after much faffing we contacted dfs who didnt give a shit no surprise there... the insurance have been messing ages and wanted us to pick oone from their choice of shop. we didnt like so the wife asked if we could just have the money thankyou...they said yes £400 thankyou very much, now i get a phone call saying cos it looks like a manufacturing fault we'd have to pay and basically they wont... i explained theyd had all this information months ago and we'd been promised the money...
so,i'm stuck with a recliner that wont and has a split in the front (another fault) they havent even adressed.
time to look at changing insueres methinks.

Bolt-01

... because due to needing a specific set up for my internet access at work I am being steadily left behind when it comes to using things. I tried to upgrade the browser last week so I could use Google plus but it royally knacked a few things so I was ver yhappy to be able to restore my older version. Now it looks like Blogger is no longer displaying properly when it comes to writing posts. I can't add links or pics or anything. Big bags of Bum! Reckon I'm going to be forced into getting a smart phone and using that for it in the near future.

SmallBlueThing

Because I can't find the "Things that make you :-/" thread, and because I've just seen the advert for the new series of Dragon's Den.

WHAT THE FUCK is that new woman in it?? What are those RIDICULOUS shoulder pads and face like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle all about?? And that wig?? Jesus CHRIST!! She hasn't said a word yet and I already want to see her committed.

SBT

Banners

On these automated Customer Service numbers, you have to use the keypad to input your account number, customer number, reference number, date-of-birth and password before speaking to anyone. Once you get through to someone, they ask you for all the same info all over again. Gah!

The Legendary Shark

Just write to them instead.

Here's a good tip for annoying people who ring you up and ask you "security questions". Ask them security questions first. (What's your full name; job title; direct contact number; line manager's full name; line manager's job title; line manager's direct contact number; name of the department you're working for; contact number of same, etc., etc.). Then politely say "thank you for that, now how can I help you?", when they then try to ask you security questions just say "I'm sorry, I don't discuss sensitive information over the telephone but if you'd like to write me a letter I'll certainly read what you have to say. My address? Well, if you haven't got that already you shouldn't be contacting me, should you? Good day."
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 22 July, 2011, 12:06:38 PM
Just write to them instead.

Here's a good tip for annoying people who ring you up and ask you "security questions". Ask them security questions first. (What's your full name; job title; direct contact number; line manager's full name; line manager's job title; line manager's direct contact number; name of the department you're working for; contact number of same, etc., etc.). Then politely say "thank you for that, now how can I help you?", when they then try to ask you security questions just say "I'm sorry, I don't discuss sensitive information over the telephone but if you'd like to write me a letter I'll certainly read what you have to say. My address? Well, if you haven't got that already you shouldn't be contacting me, should you? Good day."

Unfortunately they ask you all that stuff only when you want something, so cowed we must fall into line  :(
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

I generally find that I don't want anything so badly that I can't get it by letter. At least with a letter you have a record - unless you record your own 'phone calls. They sometimes get very uncomfortable if you tell them that you're recording the call for security purposes as well.  And you can still ask your security questions.

Use their own tactics against them (put them on hold while you put the kettle on, about 3 minutes is about the limit) just for fun.  Impede the buggers back, I say.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]