Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: vzzbux on 29 November, 2011, 10:28:11 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 29 November, 2011, 10:03:06 PM
Grr. After looking forward to a day off tomorrow the boss has only just sent me a text message asking me to come in. I know most people work full time anyway, (and I've done that myself... even put in hours of overtime a couple of weeks back clocking up 13 hours at one point) and I'll obviously get paid for it, it's just finding this a few minutes ago when I'm all set to relax for tomorrow. Again. Grrr. And this is after term as well, when everything has quietened down these last two weeks. He has an assignment for us apparently. I doubt it's that urgent it couldn't wait, but...
My work tried that with me this morning.
Quote from: vzzbux on 29 November, 2011, 08:46:17 AM
I have the week of work and this morning I get a phone call asking me where I am.
I just replied "I booked it months ago through three different people just to make sure so I will see you Monday".
The reply was "OH sorry, OK then".

Fucking idiots.
Be firm with them.

V

I booked a day's leave for today. I don't have the option of striking, but I simply couldn't work on the day of a national strike, it would just feel so wrong.

Up the workers!

mogzilla

after 6months of being off with "low mood" i am getting ready to get back into it .work is making me do a phased return which in the past involved doing 2 days a week then 3....for a month.they now want me to work reduced hours every day so i'll be in 2 hours a day for the first week then 3 then 4 then 5 then back to normal ....this is a bugger as i'm on half pay and it costs a fortune on the buses of which i have to get two to work and it takes an hour gettin in! adding my financial worries which will be exacerbated with this ....i will be telling the wife to not get me anything for xmas  :( and the fucking water bill's just come! >:(

but minis getting her early xmas pressy off nana tomorrow so all the puppy poo will take my mind off things ....i'll then have to look in to any benefits i can claim to help with the reduced income period/travel expenses ::)

I, Cosh

I was never really keen on Time Bandits. I caught the last twenty minutes tonight and it was total shite. With the possible exception of the cow-headed things that look like Nazgul.

I never much liked Brazil (the film, I loved the country) either yet I love The Fisher King. What's a boy to do?
We never really die.

Devons Daddy

I got an official talking too from HR., for bringing the team into line.
Tharg . Listens to those that tell him things, but rarely checks with the accussed.
it is said in this region. when in a room with a venomous snake and one of the locals, the snake may be your friend.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

vzzbux

Don't you just hate it when you fart and follow through. Dodgy tummy and squidgy bum today.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Rog69

I lost my USB stick that had only just turned up again after being missing for over a year.

Our washing machine decided to go tits up yesterday in an effort to scupper my careful Yuletide survival budgeting, I checked it last night and I can't get the filter out because something seems to be jammed in there.

I suspect that my two impediments may well be linked.

Zarjazzer

Cthulhu attempted to return today but I beat him off with my rolled up prog. Thank goodness I'd already read it.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Rog69

The guy I am working with today looks as though he is naked under his boiler suit.

A.Cow

Quote from: Rog69 on 03 December, 2011, 03:42:59 PM
The guy I am working with today looks as though he is naked under his boiler suit.

Like a kind of crap zentai ?

The Legendary Shark

I know I'm going to regret saying this, but a hot sausage just spat right in my eye and now I can't stop crying.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

DoomBot

I drove for an hour today to get to Ikea to buy a bookcase.

First, I hate Ikea

Second they were out of stock

Aargh !

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 03 December, 2011, 11:24:44 PM
I know I'm going to regret saying this, but a hot sausage just spat right in my eye and now I can't stop crying.

I had no idea that you knew Peter North.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Rog69

A good friend and collogue of mine moved abroad this weekend. While it's not like I won't ever see him again, I now need to find someone else to phone up every couple of days to talk about pointless, stupid and occasionally perverted bullshit while laughing like drains in an attempt to preserve my sanity.

mogzilla

i missed last weeks prog with the conclusion to low life! :( if anyone is getting rid of a copy i'll gladly recycle it.. ;)

staticgirl

Damnit! I actually tidied up this week. If my rooms had been in their usual state of chaos you'd have had several week's worth to chose from.