Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Richmond Clements

SuperSurfer

My sympathies, Rich.
___

Last weekend in a bar some moron had some sort of macho man delusion that was going to bully me. First time I let it go. Soon after he continued, so very nearly degenerated into argy bargy. Very, ahem, 'colourful' language from me, raised hand which trapped his, more colourful language from this poster and moron was on his way with tail between legs.

Why oh why do some people think they can just choose someone at random and play tough? Not nice having to rear up like that. So unnecessary.

Minkyboy

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Ancient Otter

I was out walking the dog and passed a gang of four scumbag teenagers acting the maggot, one of whom tried to swing a small kick at the dog while passing. I stopped, turned around and confronted them, three of them legged it up the street and the fourth (the smallest one) was saying "It wasn't me who tried to kick the dog, like". 

Par for the course living in Ireland, unfortunately.

The local paper today also reported a black swan that moved into the area recently was found dead with rope tied around it's neck, scumbags tried to kill it last year with pellet guns, what is it people having to hurt animals for kicks?

Link Prime

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 04 October, 2012, 09:04:49 PM
I was out walking the dog and passed a gang of four scumbag teenagers acting the maggot, one of whom tried to swing a small kick at the dog while passing. I stopped, turned around and confronted them, three of them legged it up the street and the fourth (the smallest one) was saying "It wasn't me who tried to kick the dog, like". 

Par for the course living in Ireland, unfortunately.

The local paper today also reported a black swan that moved into the area recently was found dead with rope tied around it's neck, scumbags tried to kill it last year with pellet guns, what is it people having to hurt animals for kicks?

Don't even try to get your head around it man, little scrotes like that don't even live in the same version of reality as you do.

Banners

Commiserations, Rich - hope you're okay.

--

Star Wars Angry Birds.

TordelBack

I'm now deeply engaged in the first stage of penance for my past misdeeds and omissions, and slowly beginning to feel out the scale of the pit I've dug for myself.  Bloody hell, I can't even see the walls, never mind the sky.

paddykafka

Sorry to hear that, Tordel. Can only hope that things work out for you and I wish you the best with whatever it is you're going through. Cheers!

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

I, Cosh

Even though I find it utterly bewildering (and now rather circular) I can't stop myself from clicking on the "Dredd box office" thread every time it lurches to the top. Is this what X Man forums have been like for the last fifteen years?
We never really die.

TordelBack

I hear ya, McCosh, my relationship with that thread is like picking at a scab.  Made all the more odd since I'm ignoring a significant portion of the posters!

Oh and don't mind me, paddykafka, I'm just slowly coming to terms with the distance I still have to go just to get back to Square One.  'S only a very minor impediment in the scheme of things, and journeys bring their own rewards.

More to the point: Aaargh, it's still Monday.

HdE

Glad to hear you're taking the philosophical approach to your problems, Tordelback. that will see you through it, I have no doubt.

Myself, I've had a real stinker today. A really annoying, needlessly frustrating day. The sort that makes you get in the front door and say 'Eh. The human race can go screw itself.'

I DID score a Judge Dredd coffee mug, though!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Spikes

Fook me, replacement laptop batteries are expensive, arent they.

SuperSurfer

Saturday eve torture tv. That God forsaken dancing programme and then X-factor. Always better tv on week days - documentaries and stuff. 'Spose I could get on with massive backlog of drawing.