Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Emp

Saturday night tv is designed to make creative types cringe ans wonder what happened to scripts,actors direction etc etc.
After 7pm BBC/ITV have decided that programming should involve the hasbeens, neverweres and never will bes.

Frank

Quote from: Emp on 13 October, 2012, 09:25:03 PM
Saturday night tv is designed to make creative types cringe ans wonder what happened to scripts,actors direction etc etc. After 7pm BBC/ITV have decided that programming should involve the hasbeens, neverweres and never will bes.

You just missed The Thick Of It on BBC2. It'll be on iplayer.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: HdE on 13 October, 2012, 11:09:24 PM
This is NOT how we do things in comics, kids!

Rampant egotism and over-inflated sense of self importance leads to ill-will, bad feeling and recriminations? I think you'll find that's EXACTLY how we do things in comics! :-)

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tiplodocus

If you think that's bad, try the Stand Up Comedy circuit.

I like Strictly - you actually see people genuinely learning stuff and the good dancers are a genuine joy to behold- no autotune going on there. And the professional dancing girls and boys are works of art.

Plus we also get kicks out of Merlin in the Tips household. So Saturday night TV not too bad.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

strontium71

...because I hate you.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 October, 2012, 11:31:17 PM
Rampant egotism and over-inflated sense of self importance leads to ill-will, bad feeling and recriminations? I think you'll find that's EXACTLY how we do things in comics! :-)

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 14 October, 2012, 10:45:32 AM
If you think that's bad, try the Stand Up Comedy circuit.

...and in archaeology!! People are like that wherever you go - especially where it involves competition. I say try and focus on collaborators who have served y'well - I HAVE A LIST.

Richmond Clements

QuoteWhat sort of galls me in this case is that the guys making trouble are - to be blunt - nobodies.

This is, sadly, usual.
You'll find it is always the newbies who have not learned to say "I will never altar my artistic vision and change the script I have submitted as per the editor's requests, even though you are actually the one paying to have it printed."

Michaelvk

None of the breakdown services I apparently have included home breakdowns (or breakdowns outside of the Netherlands) so I ended up being shafted by the AA..

Because of a fucking interior light being left on..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Tiplodocus

I could only ever do two impressions; Jimmy Saville and Frank Spencer. Knowing my luck, next they'll discover that Michael  Crawford is a member of Al Qaeeda

A.Cow

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 14 October, 2012, 09:25:37 PM
I could only ever do two impressions; Jimmy Saville and Frank Spencer. Knowing my luck, next they'll discover that Michael  Crawford is a member of Al Qaeeda

"Ooh, Betty!  Dog's just done a whoopsie all over the Improvised Explosive Device!  Infidel!"

radiator

I am going to track down and strangle whoever it was that invented hold music.

Having just been forced to listen to the same song 7 times in a row while on hold to Eon, I'm genuinely now wondering if companies deliberately misuse it to get you to hang up.

I have a bit of a problem with music, meaning that thanks to my overactive brain, songs get firmly lodged in my head very easily, and subsequently drive me absolutely fucking mental when I'm trying to get to sleep at night.

I had a similar experience when trying to get through to another company recently, and had to endure the same 10-second snippets of the same three or four songs over and over and over and over and over for 25 minutes (one of which was 'She's So Lovely' by Scouting for Girls - officially one of the shittest, most grindingly irritating songs ever written. Surely only some sort of fucking sadist could devise that system? Seriously, at least have something subtle and nondescript, like muzak or a quiet classical piece. I actually lost my temper and ended up having a bit of a go at the poor bloke who eventually picked up the phone about it, to my shame.

Tiplodocus

I foolishly let Mrs Tips do the shopping last weekend and she bought tins of whole plum tomatoes rather than chopped tomatoes.  Cue frantic attempt to chop them very carefully in the non-stick pan.

von Boom

Use a wooden spoon to chop them and give them about 15 minutes longer to cook down. You'll be all right.