Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Spikes

Quote from: Albion on 14 March, 2013, 08:36:44 PM
Mrs Albion went home at lunchtime and there was a letter for her saying that Churchill Insurance wanted £4300 within the next 14 days or they would take court action against her.

She was in an accident 9 months ago. The other car was insured by Churchill, we are not.
Churchill say that they haven't received the money from our insurer so they sent this letter to us. Arseholes.

I called our insurer, I'm the policy holder, Mrs Albion is a named driver. They say they are disputing some costs that Churchill want but it's nothing to do with us and they will handle it. Churchill are just trying it on and it's a load of hot air apparently.

Not happy about them causing us stress and worry over something that is between them and not us.   >:(

Wow,  :o
That sounds incredibily like bullying tactits, and the use of intimidation, to me. Id definitely complain.

von Boom

Quote from: Albion on 14 March, 2013, 08:36:44 PM
Mrs Albion went home at lunchtime and there was a letter for her saying that Churchill Insurance wanted £4300 within the next 14 days or they would take court action against her.

She was in an accident 9 months ago. The other car was insured by Churchill, we are not.
Churchill say that they haven't received the money from our insurer so they sent this letter to us. Arseholes.

I called our insurer, I'm the policy holder, Mrs Albion is a named driver. They say they are disputing some costs that Churchill want but it's nothing to do with us and they will handle it. Churchill are just trying it on and it's a load of hot air apparently.

Not happy about them causing us stress and worry over something that is between them and not us.   >:(

Churchill? Arseholes? Oh yess.

Buttonman

I work motor insurance claims manager with Aviva, and you see this a lot. Reading between the lines Churchill have probably had no joy from your insurer and the best way to gee them up is to send a threatening letter to you which causes you to chase down your insurers into action. Grubby tactics but if your insurance is valid Churchill will have no claim against you as you have an insurer contracted to take on your RTA responsibilities.

The worst that could happen is that Churchill take you to court and they then enforce the judgement against the insurer. As the insured the judgement will be against you and it could in theory result in a CCJ against you - if this happens you can go to the Ombudsman to get compensation and have your insurer compelled to get it reversed. Essentially once they threaten litigation and you complain your insurer should wake up and resolve the matter.

Albion

Thanks Buttonman.

My insurer says that they are disputing some costs with Churchill and that if we get another letter I should scan it and email it to them and they will deal with it. They say it is just a lot of hot air to get a reaction.
My insurers are disputing a claim for payment of a hire car for the other party that went on for longer than my insurer deemed necessary and that's why they haven't paid Churchill yet. They hope to settle it shortly.
It really is grubby tactics as it is nothing to do with us now as far as we are concerned. We paid our insurance and as far as we knew it was dealt with nine months ago. It causes stress and anger for us when really it is between them. They are just scaring us into doing part of their work for them.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

von Boom

Sliced into a fresh loaf of bread only to find it was essentially hollow. So I paid for what amounts to a loaf of air. Bugger.

Dandontdare

was theer a satisfied looking mouse in the middle?

Rog69

My wife proudly told me that she bagged a "bargain" on Ebay today when she won an auction for a cabin bed for my daughter.

I've pointed out to her that it's not a bargain because I will have to hire a van to go and collect it and it's 2 hours away. Naturally the whole situation is now all my fault for pointing out these facts.

Link Prime

Quote from: Rog69 on 15 March, 2013, 11:09:24 PM
Naturally the whole situation is now all my fault for pointing out these facts.

A rookie error Rog. ;)

As for my minor impediment of the day...my 'sometimes a bit of a prick' boss has insisted I work on Monday (y'know bank holiday in the Emerald Isle for the patron saint of malt liquor) on, from what I gather, nothing more than a spiteful whim.
And I don't get paid any extra or get a day in lieu for bank holidays. Hrrrrmmmmmm.

COMMANDO FORCES

Last night I managed to obtain a paper cut from a roll of Christmas wrapping paper while in the attic looking for a bag for Carolyn  :lol:

JamesC

I've just got a new iphone and I thought I'd test out Siri.
I asked it 'What is Judge Dredd?' and it gave me loads of info about the '95 Stallone film! >:(

Goaty

Quote from: JamesC on 18 March, 2013, 05:19:50 PM
I've just got a new iphone and I thought I'd test out Siri.
I asked it 'What is Judge Dredd?' and it gave me loads of info about the '95 Stallone film! >:(

Try Dredd:D

Mardroid

I'm still at work. Not actually working mind (my hours are over now) but this lecturer is still taking a class over an hour after they're supposed to finish! And I'm not sure I can just leave cos it looks like I'll be the lock-up person. Or contacting the lock-up person. Gnnnn,.* I only get paid until 5.

I actually do often intentionally work late, but I wasn't really planning on doing that today. Not that I am really working but I am hanging around.

*Of course I could just stick my head in the room and tell them but...
Oh okay. Looks like they're leaving now. Thank goodness.

vzzbux

A large section of one of my molars has just fell away. Fuckity fuck fuck.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Link Prime

Quote from: vzzbux on 19 March, 2013, 10:23:58 PM
A large section of one of my molars has just fell away. Fuckity fuck fuck.

V

Happened me in January. One of the most depressing Brundle-Fly moments of my life.
The reconstructive fillings are cheap enough these days though...€150 quid should sort it out.