Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

I've given up taking DVDs and CDs out of the library.  It's too frustrating.  I wish that other media made use of the same robust filth-proof design that Nintendo DS cartridges do - my kids have borrowed pretty much every DS game the library has, and there's never been an issue, whereas I don't think we've ever got to the end of a disc without incident. 

The Legendary Shark

"Borrowed"? What about the impoverished game companies' lost rental revenues?! You ought to be ashamed, sabotaging the economy like that...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 22 October, 2013, 11:42:40 AM
"Borrowed"? What about the impoverished game companies' lost rental revenues?! You ought to be ashamed, sabotaging the economy like that...

Fightin' the power, one Zelda game at a time.

In other news, just broke my favourite drill bit.  Now I know why it is you humans cry. 

The Legendary Shark

Well, this particular human is crying because its dentist can't see it until November the 13th, by which time its head will probably be nothing more than a large ball of crusty pus.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 October, 2013, 01:19:43 PM
Well, this particular human is crying because its dentist can't see it until November the 13th, by which time its head will probably be nothing more than a large ball of crusty pus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZfpJD4nMnk

WARNING! Video WILL induce great vomiting.

Batman's Superior Cousin

1) I'm no longer on Disability Living Allowance but Jobseekers instead. According to the bloody Tribunal, there's "plenty of jobs available"!!!! WHERE?????

2) My Meg subscription is not arriving!!!

3) I've lost my PS VITA!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

The Doctor Alt 8

HAve you tried down the back of the sofa/ fridge....?

Tombo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 October, 2013, 01:19:43 PM

Have you never read Button Man III!?  You know what you have to do.

shaolin_monkey

I opened a tin of sardines at my desk (again) which sprang open and sprayed fishy tomato sauce over my keyboard, paperwork and me (again).  The pregnant woman with a heightened sense if smell sat next to me nearly puked.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: paddykafka on 22 October, 2013, 09:35:30 AM
Ironically enough, the offending episode on the disc was entitled: "Driven to Distraction"...

In a similar vein, it was GREMLINS that got jammed in the DVD player of a friend.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dunk!

I hate drawing Johnny Alpha's costume*.

It's such a fiddly fucker.

So there.

Dunk!

*The jacket combo first seen in Incident on Mayger Minor
"Trust we"

shaolin_monkey

I was persuaded to see an outdoor fire extravaganza version of The Tempest in the Brecon Beacons tonight.  I couldn't see anything, there was bugger all fire, and I nearly froze to death. It was a real endurance test!!!

No wonder the SAS keep dying on training exercises there. Mind you, I wasn't sure what was going to get me first, the hypothermia, or the mind numbing boredom.

COMMANDO FORCES

I think it may be non badged squaddies that die, more than actual members of the SAS.

Professor Bear

My neighbour downstairs got a puppy and locks it into a room when he leaves the flat for work.  And when he leaves the flat for the pub.  And when he stays in the flat but is in another room.  As a result, the puppy has whined constantly - night and day - for the last three weeks, turning from a high-pitched and unmistakeably youthful "yip-yip" attempt at a bark interspersed with the odd whine to a sort of bark/crying hybrid noise and now finally in this last week to the loneliest sound I have ever heard, almost like a wail occasionally interrupted by a hiccup.  Even at night I hear its crying, and was woken at five in the morning by its scratching at the door/floor/wall - I presume trying to escape or just find companionship.

Apparantly my neighbour is the assistant dog warden for the town - the guy you call when concerned about dogs.  Funny old world.

GrinningChimera