Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

My wife fell down the stairs to the basement and now she has a purple foot.

Bloody hell.  ::)

GrinningChimera

Quote from: Trout on 22 June, 2014, 01:29:26 AM

What did she do? Stuff up the dinner?*

*domestic violence is no joke kids. Trout should be locked up for his actions

Fungus

Sorry to hear it. All the best to you and the missus.

Trout

Thanks. I'm sure she'll be fine. She was limping a lot as we went shopping for a replacement car.  :)

GrinningChimera

Joking aside, sorry about your wife getting hurt.

ZenArcade

Jesus, that's no craic at all Trout. Hope things get on the up soon. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

I'd like to say something funny, but it turns out that- in my hands at least - the subject of injured wives and the possible culpability of their husbands just isn't.  So instead I'll be boring and wish Her Piscine Majesty swift healing and an end to accidents, and commiserate with Trout over any delays in tea preparation he may encounter.

Frank

Your poor wife is obviously related to Sorry Bobbs. Make like Alpha and get her off world before flash flooding joins the litany of calamities to befall your brood.

The Legendary Shark

My very best wishes for Mrs Trout, may healing be swift.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Banners

Why weren't you going to the basement for her...!?

;-)

The Legendary Shark

There's a whole psychology paper in that question...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

This is of course the same basement that was trailed as the future TroutCave.  Perhaps the lethal privacy-ensuring defences are already in place?

Trout

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm totally decided on kitting out the basement as a permanent home for comics. It's a nice house but the area is really boring. I've launched a campaign to move downtown within a few years. So I may go the route of temporary shelving instead. I'm thinking.

Anyway, my wife's toe looks like a small aubergine and I'm being sympathetic. Thanks for your kind words everyone, and for realising we shouldn't joke about domestic violence. You're not a bad bunch.  :)

Jim_Campbell

Blimey, Trout -- your (unarguably) better half has been in the wars lately! Are you sure age hasn't contracted the opposite of Red Dwarf's good luck virus?!

Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery from all her maladies. More importantly: how was the humus?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Something Fishy

Quote from: Trout on 22 June, 2014, 01:29:26 AM

Ouch, hope she is ok.