Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Got holes in my pants. Not the ones which are supposed to be there unfortunately.
We never really die.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

Got an upset stomach. Meant I got very little sleep.

I don't eat anything sentient. How can it disagree with me?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

NapalmKev

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 13 August, 2015, 11:29:47 AM

I don't eat anything sentient. How can it disagree with me?

That's Vegism, man. Plants have feelings too*

Cheers

*my Ganja plants told me

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Hawkmumbler

Yes because only animal based food stuffs are bad for you!

Professor Bear

It doesn't disagree with you, that's just a turn of phrase used to denote that a foodstuff has caused your stomach to produce irregular amounts of acid.

Try a caffeine-free mint tea in such circumstances, but be aware late-night tummy rumbles can also be anxiety or stress.

JamesC

Could be worse. A woman shat herself in the car park at work today.

The Legendary Shark

For stomach acid, to which I am a veritable martyr, I swear by bicarbonate of soda; a teaspoon full in a little water.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

me too, especially after drinking alcohol. Lots and lots of milk is the answer - nothing soothes that burning than a swig o' the white stuff. I find "fizzy" remedies like bicarb or Andrews (can you still get that?) just cause more burping/reflux; whilst calcium carbonate (settlers etc) do very little. If I know I'm going to be drinking wine or spirits, a tiny Pantoloc Control pill beforehand makes a massive difference - prevention rather than cure!

The Legendary Shark

I found milk made things worse for me. This is because, I later discovered, milk is rather difficult to digest (for me, at least).
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

ah, that's unlucky. I love the stuff - when I'm rolling home after a boozy night out, I always pop into the 24 hour Spar for a 1 or 2 litre bottle as I know that'll get me through the early morning heartburn attack.

DaveGYNWA

Got a one week customer site visit scheduled for next week - in Macclesfield. Is there actually anything to do in Macclesfield?
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Colin Zeal

Dandontdare

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 14 August, 2015, 02:35:49 PM
Got a one week customer site visit scheduled for next week - in Macclesfield. Is there actually anything to do in Macclesfield?

To the east there is some spectacularly beautiful countryside (shame it's pissing down); or head 20 miles North to visit the Greatest City on Earth.